New video that recreates the Haunted Mansion featuring over 70 of our DIY replica props and pieces

TheImagineEars

Over the last 3 years in addition to sculptures, replica props, miniatures, and legos my family has turned our house into the Haunted Mansion for a neighborhood Halloween party. Over that time we have slowly added new pieces each year. We are now up to over 70 pieces. They were made in September and October and generally follow or 5 founding principles of the blog's projects.

1. Make things on a budget, most builds are between $1-$40.
2. Make things out of readily available materials that can be easily purchased
3. Make things with normal tools that are commonly had or obtained.
4. Make things using techniques that are simple and/or can be easily learned.
5. Make things that can be disassembled, stored, and are light weight.

I wanted to to try and capture the feeling of the house and the spirit of what we were going for. So I took some video of each of the builds and tried to recreate the ride as you you walk through the house making it a walk through attraction like Walt Disney had originally planned. We don't get to go to Disney as much as we would like as we live no where close to the parks. But this helps us feel like we are there at my favorite time of year.

I hope you enjoy the video.

We post instructionals on our blog for each build. The Imagine Ears

Thanks for looking and let me know what you think.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back