New version of an old project. Selene corset from Underworld

Darth Mule

Sr Member
I did one of these for my at the time girlfriend a few years back. Recently I was contacted about doing another for another member here that wanted it for a display (I'll leave him anonymous unless he wants to chime in).

My first attempt was pretty simple (minus the horrendously tedious embroidery). I simply took a 10 piece Victorian corset pattern and added all the bells and whistles. This time I dissected the seamlines and went for broke. The Selene corset, turns out to be a 12 piece.

It turned out to be a very interesting study, and I finally found the best way to nail the embroidery outline by making my own presser foot out of a generic foot and a dremel tool.

Anyway. Enough with the boring details. Pics!

292596_10100533819169156_25515654_47062548_1864444394_n.jpg

549459_10100533820012466_25515654_47062555_1428005895_n.jpg

I have no idea if that is accurate at all, but the craftsmanship looks amazing! Excellent work! Really great looking piece!!!

Great work! I'm intrigued by your custom presser foot with a dremel bit, I'd love to see a picture.

Fabulous craftsmanship. This is one of the most iconic corsets in modern-day cinema and I'm happy to see somebody do it justice.

Thanks! It was fun breaking it down again and finding new things that I missed the last time. Though I forgot the method I used on the embroidery, thereby completely botching it the first time and having to recut the leather and start anew.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back