New Vegas NCR Veteran Ranger Build

Now that the main build is done, I will be working on my modifications next.

Upcoming changes:

Armour
Currently, I want to change my chest armour completely, I want to make it more in-game accurate by making a separate collar instead of one that is merely glued onto the vest, and I want to make the shoulder straps longer so wrap around me easier.

Helmet
I am very happy with the mask, but I keep feeling that I need to build the actual dome for it. The M1 Helmet Liner turned out great, but it just seems a little too low for the costume. I plan to sculpt a higher dome as seen in-game and create a more accurate looking representation of it.

Duster
For Comic Con I got a bit lazy and didn't add the painted stencils on the duster besides the bear on the left shoulder. I plan to add the two painted emblems on the back "A7" and the right shoulder "(7)".

Oxygen Tank
I will need to fabricate the oxygen tank and invent a way to attach it to the back of the duster, I do not want it to weigh too much and I may use my Boba Fett harness to attach it to me so that it does not hang on its own.

Medical Pouch
The medical pouch on the left forearm still needs to be fabricated, I will most likely leave it empty when I wear the costume but I could construct some stimpaks and other in-game items to place in there.

This is a great build! Awesome job. I've been working on one myself. I'm curious, what did you use for the lenses?
I ended up to take some window tint and put it on top of a red lens gel, then I used hot glue to insert it into the mask. It didn't work the way I wanted though, you really can't see any red from any pictures; all it seemed to do was make my vision red.

Dammit, how did i never post in this thread, you done a great job GCN! can't wait to see you improve on the few issues you were not happy with.

may i encourage some wire or stiffening inserted into the collar? i have the same problem, it gets very floppy :/

I think it's amazing how well this turned out. I was also planning on making one for PAX next year. So my question is: About how long do you think it would take for a low income teenager to amass the funds to get the materials and then actually build it?

Dammit, how did i never post in this thread, you done a great job GCN! can't wait to see you improve on the few issues you were not happy with.

may i encourage some wire or stiffening inserted into the collar? i have the same problem, it gets very floppy :/
Thanks! I was thinking the same about the wire. The collar was AWESOME before I washed it, haha, the entire duster was so stiff. I think the duster is a bit short, so I plan to remove the seam at the bottom to give it another 2 inches or so. Maybe I'll cut up a coat hanger and see how that goes.

I think it's amazing how well this turned out. I was also planning on making one for PAX next year. So my question is: About how long do you think it would take for a low income teenager to amass the funds to get the materials and then actually build it?
Thanks!

Well I put about $900 into everything, took a lot of experimentation and everything. I have plenty of foam for the armour, I could make sell you a suit of chest armour if you want me to make you some.

Sorry I haven't been around in a while, but I'll be getting back to this project fairly soon once the school semester ends.

I also have a TON of this foam left, and should be able to make about 7 more suits if anyone is interested in some chest armour. Send me a PM if you are.

Just got the Ultimate Edition New Vegas for the PC, been paying it through with soe of the very cool mods for costumes that folks have made. The NCR Ranger was, and still is, one of the coolest in-game armor sets you can get in a game. Such an iconic look, and yours is amazing!

Thanks! I was thinking the same about the wire. The collar was AWESOME before I washed it, haha, the entire duster was so stiff. I think the duster is a bit short, so I plan to remove the seam at the bottom to give it another 2 inches or so. Maybe I'll cut up a coat hanger and see how that goes. Thanks! Well I put about $900 into everything, took a lot of experimentation and everything. I have plenty of foam for the armour, I could make sell you a suit of chest armour if you want me to make you some.
thats not bad, im at about 300-400$ atm, i found a duster, now to add the metal/canvas shaw on the neck/sholulder area and to finish my vest

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back