new Transformers Decepticon badge

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by nwjedidave, May 31, 2006.

1. nwjedidave

nwjedidave Sr Member

from aintitcoolnews.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and my favorite --

[​IMG]

looking goood .

NWJEDI
    dave

2. Talisen

Talisen Sr Member

Ok, so what's the story with this?

3. mez7

mez7 Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Talisen @ Jun 1 2006, 03:42 AM) [snapback]1254019[/snapback]</div>
    well since theres a live action transformers filming as we speak, and thats a transformers symbol......putting 2 and 2 together?

4. Servo

Servo Well-Known Member

Anyone get any other of the photos before AICN pulled them down?

5. mez7

mez7 Sr Member

megatron....
    [​IMG]

6. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

So much for robots in DISGUISE.

7. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Sr Member

Look pretty disguised to me for robots. Very few people actually read the writing on the side of a car that has roof lights an that was Megatron's form for a while...

8. YenChih Lin

YenChih Lin Sr Member

On german site called "pagenstecher.de" are still pics. Gotta dig out the link...

9. Kylash

Kylash Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

actually i was sgonna start on this graphic today, its covered :D

10. gnrlotto

gnrlotto Sr Member

Aww, man, I wanted Megatron to be a gun and one o them to turn into a giant cassette tape.

11. Talisen

Talisen Sr Member

I have a hard time believing this is from the movie. Just seems too obvious/blatant.

Ok, making some alterations is fine - things like Megatron gun to robot - yeah unreasonable size diff and he does form a tank type in some variations. But what the hell are they thinking with Bumblebee? Not like the Beetle is a hard to find car.

12. knightdriver2001

knightdriver2001 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I read somewhere that VW wouldn't give them permission to use the Bug in
    the film. So we get a Camaro instead. To me, if these pictures are real, it
    seems that this is nothing more than a promotion for new cars. How does
    Bumble bee go from a unrestored late 70's camro to the new retro version? :unsure

They should have kept the clssic looks but I wont judge until it comes out. :angel

13. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Sr Member

That's Bumblebee? When did he become a Decepticon?

14. Scapey

Scapey Sr Member

As I posted elsewhere;)

What?
    Pics?
    You want pics?

OK :)

Not sure how legit these are - COULD be fan-made stuff.

But cool nonetheless IMHO.

Seemingly, VW won't give up the licence for a Beetle, so Bumblebee's a Camaro instead.

Tank - Megatron, perhaps? Although it's image name is "Devastator"...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ( Not sure if I like this - DISGUISE, guys, DISGUISE. )

[​IMG]

Oh, and:

"Sony BMG Entertainment today has announced the creation of the "Transformers: The Movie 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD," which will hit stores in November. Packed with exclusive special features to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the animated classic film, the DVD release is timed to the debut of a "Transformers" Classics line of figures. The DVD includes never-before-seen footage, exclusive interviews, interactive games and collectible packaging."

15. Kylash

just saw a report on G4 tv and they showed a few of these pictures, they gotta be legit. They also said Optimus would be a firetruck...

16. Kylash

17. burningman

burningman Well-Known Member

for what it's worth
    from wikipedia
    <div class='quotetop'></div>

18. Kylash

yeah, ive got a feeling our first look at any of these guys willbe leaked prototype toys.

19. Scapey

Scapey Sr Member

20. Fetthunter

Fetthunter Sr Member

[​IMG]

Man... I could make white reflective vinyl decals of that.... ;)

Might not want to do the WHOLE badge, for obvious reasons, but the Decepticon head/logo for sure. :D

J

21. Kylash

I could supply you with the original Illustrator filke of the jpg i shared if youre interested ^_~

22. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

By the way, besides changing the very car that Bumblebee is (instead of just not USING him and using someone else) they are making him communicate to people with the tracks he plays from an MP3 player. He doesn't actually talk.

:rolleyes

23. 13athtroom

13athtroom New Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Kerr Avon @ Jun 2 2006, 08:27 PM) [snapback]1255186[/snapback]</div>

where did you hear that??

24. Fetthunter

Fetthunter Sr Member

Thanks to Kylash :)thumbsup), I've been able to produce these vinyl decals in reflective white vinyl:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After cutting these, I placed them in a totally dark room and took the pictures using only my camera flash for light. They glow an intense white when hit with a bright light (like my camera flash). Under normal lighting conditions, the decals are a white-ish/silver-ish color. The reflective white vinyl is "engineering grade", and is the same material used on road signs and traffic barrels and cones. It's quite durable. ;)

I plan on making these as individual decals, and I will also be putting them on black car tags so you have some options on how you can "dress up" your vehicle. I'll be posting these in the Junkyard tonight for those who are interested.

Again, thanks to Kylash for sending me the artwork. :D

J

25. mez7

mez7 Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Kylash327 @ Jun 2 2006, 05:14 PM) [snapback]1254939[/snapback]</div>
    in the pics i saw, there was a semi-truck that looked exactly like the old optimus, not a fire truck to be seen, he was a fire truck in the new cartoon, but all ive seen....advance cgi and all looks to me like he'll be the semi,

maybe the firetruck is a rumor by someone trying to make a scoop without the info the back it up?

26. SITHcamaro

SITHcamaro Well-Known Member

Aw yeah, Bumblebee a Camaro. With the exposure in this film, GM is bound to release this car.
    Does this mean that I am sort of like "SithTransformer" now? :lol SithBumblebee?

27. CTF

CTF Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'></div>
    Where is that? I thought tha both sources turned out to be false?

And OP is a semi - Bay (I think?) and all the sources on AICN have stated that.

28. Skyler101

Skyler101 Sr Member

Changing the vehicles is a markiting issue. A shame, cause series one of the original cartoon will always define for me what vehicles and items the bots turned into...

First movie should reflect that, but I guess thats why Im not making it.:) LOL

-Skyler101

29. LiquidPhoenix

LiquidPhoenix Well-Known Member

The Bumblebee voice idea is when he goes into his new body before he is able to fully intergrate and use his normal voice he is stuck with sound samples, it should still work out just fine. Also that was just an early script idea for him, could change or play a small plot.

-LP

30. Kylash

back on topic, getting close to done with this... just having trouble matching the type for "1865"

[​IMG]

31. dr_slurpee

dr_slurpee Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

POLICE is Eurostile Bold, 110% width...or at least it's so close that no one would know the difference.

1865 I am unsure of, I don't have much time to sift through all my fonts to see if I have anything similar.

32. Kylash

sure is. THANKS.

33. spinner44.com

spinner44.com Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Bitsumishi Regular

34. Kylash

booyah, thanks. Ill finish it tonight hopefully.

35. Dakk

Dakk New Member

Any chance these can be put on auto magnets so we can put them on the sides of our cars (i.e. doors)?

36. Kylash

i know there are companies online that do it for about $30-40 each, have to be done in a somewhat bulk order i think, maybe not...but i dont think the reflective part could be done.

Side note, might niot be able to get it done till Monday, saved the file from work in CS2 and forgot i only have 8 at home, didnt save as an older file, so Ill see if i can get a friend to convert it for me.

37. dr_slurpee

I don't know if it'd be very wise to put that Decepticon police logo on your car...could get you into lots of trouble.

38. Propazoid

Propazoid Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(dr_slurpee @ Jun 10 2006, 02:27 AM) [snapback]1259368[/snapback]</div>

or worse... beat up ;)

-Zoid

39. Dakk

Dakk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>(dr_slurpee @ Jun 10 2006, 02:27 AM) [snapback]1259368[/snapback]</div>
    No no, just the reflective decepticon badge. Not the entire police logo.

40. Kylash

41. dr_slurpee

Nicely done kylash, any chance of getting a vector version?

42. Kylash

sorry, id rather not, makes it too easy for anyone to leech the file, change it slightly, and say its theirs. Id only really wanna share vectors if i know its for a board project offering or something. Ive had it happen before so, =\

43. dr_slurpee

I completely understand. :)

44. Zaphod

Zaphod Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Kylash327 @ Jun 12 2006, 10:26 AM) [snapback]1260531[/snapback]</div>
    :thumbsup Well done.

45. Kylash

well i know a place that can have it done as a big magnet for about $30 each , but it can only be a full color image, not reflective, and yeah, probably shouldnt have it on a car anyway.

46. mtsbspidey

mtsbspidey Well-Known Member

just so you guys know regarding the concerns over putting the decepti-cop logo on your car...i've talked to several police officers recently regarding a costume i'm working on (gotham city cop)..and from what i've been told...as long as you're not trying to represent yourself as a cop it's not considered inpersonating an officer...you can probably put it on your car just so long as you don't put a lightbar on your roof and pull people over...my suggestion is to talk to a cop in your area, show them the design and get their opinion...but i really doubt it would be an issue...skott

47. Chairman Kaga

Chairman Kaga Active Member

Without a lightbar etc you would probably look more like a security guard then a cop thus probably why it's not considered impersonation.

From what I have read here and there on the net the names of the Transformers and which vehicle they are (with some obvious exceptions like Optimus as a Semi) are still in flux....Like Devastator may actually be a jet while Megs is the tank (I guess this is some way of trying to muddy the waters of information leaked). I have also read that VW was approached by Takara/Hasbro about producing a new Bumblebee in the Alternators toy line but they scrapped the idea because VW didn't want Bumblebee to have a gun. Supposedly Takara/Hasbro changed Bumblebee in the movie to a Camaro to avoid the same issue of showing a VW engaged in "violence"....Though I don't know why they wouldn't just rename the character.

48. SurferGeek

SurferGeek Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Great job Kylash. I think that logo would look outstanding on a black t-shirt.

49. Kylash

yeah ive been trying to get it on a shirt, just gotta get the site right, it has a few too many points to work at the moment :p

50. SurferGeek

SurferGeek Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

<div class='quotetop'>(Kylash327 @ Jun 17 2006, 03:26 PM) [snapback]1263266[/snapback]</div>

Points? Not sure what you mean...

Cafepress does black now for $19 each.

[​IMG]