new to all this need some suggestions (armor)

O

oneUglyMotherFer

Hey guys I have wanted to have an awesome predator costume for forever. I finally decided I had the time and the money to do this. things I have done already:
-Custom computer with CD4026 IC's for random 7-segment displays

-Bought Bio mask on ebay

-Bought the latex predator hands

-Bought (3) 650nm 5mw lasers to make my own targeting system

-Bought predator dreads from a seller on ebay (its a head piece, similar to these cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI..._Stores_IT

-My sister made me the front and butt flap out of leather that looks really good.

-I bought a body suit from a dance studio

What I want to do is follow the guide posted by gwizah to make the full custome suit. I have never done anything like this but am going to attempt it. As for the airbrushing i no some people that could probably do it for me. BTW do you make that an all one piece suit like it already is? Because in that guide when he has the latex on it looks like its two pieces. Where is best place to buy that latex stuff from?

Anyways I have started constructing the arm gauntlets out of various cardboards and will finish it with paper mache. My sister has made me an awesome replica of one of his weapons which I will post pics of it when its completley done.

So I guess the real question I have is how to make the armor pieces. I was thinking of trying to goto an athletic store to by shoulder pads or something but im not sure if thats the best way to do it. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys!

Ive just made a low budget Pred costume myself

I think your idea of visiting a sports store isn't a bad one. I used an old Ice Hockey kit that someone didnt want anymore.

I then designed and made paper templates for the outer layers to give it a Predator armour like characteristic.

I then traced and cut the designs out of the sheet plastic and glued and bolted them to the hockey kit.

If youre interested in using simular techniques like these then take a look here where I have the entire step by step photo gallery of the construction of my entire costume

www.shockwolf.plus.com/Predator%20Costume/Progress_build/

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back