"NEW TESB" YODA head (Completed)

Now that I'm a member here, I can finally tell you how awesome that Yoda sculp is. You have a great talent. I can't wait to see what the future holds :D

talking about a guy that takes critisism well...

holy WOW. thats un-be-frickin-lievable.

way to go brother, you listened thought about it and retooled it to seemingly near perfection.

if you could make a flexible rubber head off of this for a puppet, you may take the RPF coolest prop ever award.

seriously its comming along fantastically... :thumbsup :thumbsup

<div class='quotetop'>(Hauntmaster9 @ Jun 26 2006, 09:03 PM) [snapback]1268742[/snapback]</div>
What a sculpt. Very nice likeness, do you have any previous work you could share?
[/b]

Cheers to all.

A website is under construction with my last 10 years of work.

Cheers

Cyb.

What would be awesome to see would be some side by side comparison photos taken at the same angle as some of the pics I sent you. Front, profile, etc...

Can't wait..

<div class='quotetop'>(GINO @ Jun 26 2006, 10:27 PM) [snapback]1268799[/snapback]</div>
What would be awesome to see would be some side by side comparison photos taken at the same angle as some of the pics I sent you. Front, profile, etc...

Can't wait..
[/b]

Hi Gino,

Yeah I'll sort out a few comparrisions...

Your pics were really helpful for back and side detailing and have proved very useful for a numer of points on the project... but the geometery is a bit different between the screen puppet and the exhibition statue, according to the chap who actually built up the original puppet, Nick Maley.

This is particularly noticable around mouth area and the nose... the upper lip has receded on the exhibiton statue and the nose looks stretched out and pushed out at a funny angle. The Exhibition statue has also had restoration work done on it and has been coated in something to keep it from rotting. I'm told by Nick that the ears are not original... they were specially made for this display as the screen molds for them were destroyed.

Cheers

Cyb.

Looking fantastic Cyb. Like Gino, I'd still like to see some comparison shots too. How is the material (moulding/casting material) search coming?

SIDE Comparrisions... Bare in mind that the light is different between thew images.

FRONT Comparrisions... Top image is the Exhibition head...Middle is mine... bottom is the screen head

Cyb.

still looks very good, although now from the side pics, it looks like his chin needs to be a little more recessed and his neck needs to come out more.

<div class='quotetop'>(steveo @ Jun 27 2006, 05:22 PM) [snapback]1269310[/snapback]</div>
still looks very good, although now from the side pics, it looks like his chin needs to be a little more recessed and his neck needs to come out more.
[/b]

I would say that because the puppet is made in foam latex and is attached to a chest housing via studs it has stretched around the neck area and chin as Oz pointed the face upwards.... The way I've sculpted my head is for it to look naturally level or straight ahead. I've only pointed it up in photoshop to try and match the angle of the puppet... thats not the way its been sculpted to look (i.e. look upwards). This all affects the geometery.

Also note that the mouth is closed more on my sculpt that affects the comparrision.

The main things I can see that are wrong that I'm going to correct are a few of the details or wrinkles, which are to strong and need to be made subtler... The ears a bit to heavy at the back....

Cyb.

PS... Heres the new hands molded... Mine are the ones on the right... The left are the exhibtion hands and the bottom are the glove hands used for the screen puppet :)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back