New Star Trek Beyond Phaser

spockboy

new phaser.jpg

Thoughts?

:)Spockboy

It looks kinda cool but there are a lot of shapes going on there. It might look sleeker without that thing hanging down on the back. Whatever is hanging down in the front appears to get in the way of the trigger finger. At least they toned down the chrome and it looks like they got rid of the flippy-do-thing.

I don't like It. looks like some kind of little robot head up front. with what I take to be to side by side barrels. even has a mouth.:lol

I'd like to know more about this variant. It's different than some of the others seen in the trailer.

And actually I do like it - more so than the 2009 version (agreeing with Doppelganger here).

So which of the RPF'ers here worked on it? :)

Looks like the standard Phaser got an update too.2016-05-20 22_47_29-.png
They changed it just enough so that QMX can make another replica to sell.:lol

Terry

Last edited:
Two thoughts here:
1. Don't like it. It looks way more complicated than it needs to be.
2. Zachary Quinto is one hairy dude!

It does look like the ergonomics with regards to the trigger are terrible- but that is normal for a phaser!

I like it. At least more than the earlier JJ phasers.

So glad I did a search on this subject as I was about to start a thread inquiring about these.

Saw the movie this last weekend. At first I thought my old eyes were misinterpreting these "new" phasers with the standard ones.
It's OB10's impression that these phasers were from the U.S.S. Franklin. It's an older ship, therefore the phasers are more "retro" that the standard issued phasers. It also explained to me why they looked so extra bulky in Spock's and McCoy's hands.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back