New Sideshow Predator 2 Products: 1/4(?) Maquette And Life-Size Helmet

Python said:
$1200 for the 1:4 maquette.... No thanks!
After having a good long look at the pics of the maquette I really don't think I will bother. Even though it 28" high (and I like big statues) I really don't think its worth that much.

I pre ordered it.. I missed out on the p1 maquette , CM and wolf LSF. So I just had to get it. Got plenty of time to save up.

I can't get over the sticking out dreads on the maquette, and the bio looks like it was sculpted from memory! Very disapointing, I was hoping to add some more P2 stuff to the collection.

They are for me, especially given the huge cost, they look silly unfortunately. I can get over the small spear and the rubbish base but I really hope they alter the dreads, I'll buy it if they do. If not i'll just save my money and hopes for Narins 1:3 P2.

I heard, long ago, that SWS found the Hero P2 helmet in a box somewhere. So it wasn't actually stolen. I don't know if there's any truth to that, but you never know. 

Also, with SideShows' pull, you think they could've at least gotten some reference material from SWS/Legacy Effects. 

I'll be skipping the maquette. Fiercely. That much money for something that's only going to look "half" the quality of the prototype. We all know they're notorious for baiting and switching. They lure you in with pictures of the prototype (it even says 'prototype shown - actual product may differ'), and what you end up with is... well, I've seen enough complaint threads about the paintwork on their items. So, yeah.. no thanks.

The helmet; as I've seen in other threads, is significantly smaller than it should be - about the same size as the 'Stunt' helmet. We seem to forget that while the Stunt helmet is in fact 1:1 scale - it was sculpted for someone just over 6ft in height. Even in the SWS School video of the making of the movie suit, they mention that they had to sculpt stuff multiple times, just in smaller scale - for the stuntman. The Hero head is/was dramatically larger than the stunt head. Thus, the Hero helmet would be dramatically larger than the stunt helmet. A TRUE 1:1 Hero Helmet replica would be huge. Too huge, in fact, for any of us who aren't 7ft 6" tall - would look absolutely silly attempting to wear one as a costume piece. It's. Just. Too. Big.

This is Richard Landon putting the helmet on Kevin Peter Hall. Now, from the pictures of Richard Landon that I've seen, he's not exactly a little guy.

PDVD_357.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back