New sculpture finished pics

bohred

This sculpture was done out of WED clay in 2 sittings over a period of 9 hours. I don't know how accurate it is but, I'm pretty happy with how it came out and I can't wait to get one painted. They will be done in latex and possibly translucent resin with hair applied to both versions.
Seeya,
JB
plutosculptfinished1.JPG

plutosculptfinished2.JPG

plutosculptfinished3.JPG

Very cool. It makes me want to say "Sloth love Chunk..." though. :D :D Its from the new film right? I haven't seen that yet but it looks cool :) Good work.

:eek :eek :eek - what a great piece of work :thumbsup

.. same question as above:

"How did you do the skin Texture ???"

Thanks for the kind words. The textures were done with a series of rakes, wire loop tools, texture stamps and dog brushes. I can take a picture of the tools all together if you would like to see them. Some are custom made but, you can buy similar tools from Ken Banks.
Seeya,
JB

knowing where to make the brush strokes and where to make the indents would be the real trick to that texture im guessing. ;)

verynice.

the skin on the neck and the faint pattern you did, really capture the look of real skin.

do you have a pic or screen cap, as i havent seen the movie, but either way this is a great sculpt, very realistic and freaky.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back