New RPF Sites Issues - CLOSED (please search for or start a thread for new issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting this message when I tried to put a photo into an album. but I had not even selected a photo...

This photo exceeds your total album file-size quota by 823.3 KB.

Is the site running some sort of new Flash script? I'm getting the occasional Flash Warning slow script error message...

I am having major problems again with notifications. I have stopped getting notifications for my PMs and pretty much all the threads I am subscribed to. This is just recent though. I had all my threads working again and then this happens. I really don't want to go back and resubscribe to everything. Not sure why I am not getting the notifications on PMs. This is the first time that I have had trouble with the PM notifications.

Since we switched over I would have a thread here and there drop off and stop sending notifications and then I would have to resubscribe to it. Then later it may drop off again. This is the first time that most all of them shut off the notifications.

Help.

If I go from here to "The Pulse", I get logged out.
Clicking on login/sign up only refreshes the page.

I created a new thread yesterday, it said that it needs to be approved before being displayed. Is there anywhere I can see the thread I created before it has been approved? I'm not seeing it anywhere (in pending status?) so I'm not sure if I should try to re-send it.

I am having major problems again with notifications. I have stopped getting notifications for my PMs and pretty much all the threads I am subscribed to. This is just recent though. I had all my threads working again and then this happens. I really don't want to go back and resubscribe to everything. Not sure why I am not getting the notifications on PMs. This is the first time that I have had trouble with the PM notifications.

Since we switched over I would have a thread here and there drop off and stop sending notifications and then I would have to resubscribe to it. Then later it may drop off again. This is the first time that most all of them shut off the notifications.

Help.

We have sent out a membership wide email, and it appears that with all of those emails queued up, the notifications are being added to the queue as well. The notifications will probably show up once the other emails have all been sent. As this is the first mass emailing that we have done since switching to the new servers we will be reviewing the process and tweaking were necessary.

If I go from here to "The Pulse", I get logged out.
Clicking on login/sign up only refreshes the page.

Please clear your browsers cookies and cache, restart your browser and try again (making sure to check mark the "Remember Me?" box when you log into the RPF.

I created a new thread yesterday, it said that it needs to be approved before being displayed. Is there anywhere I can see the thread I created before it has been approved? I'm not seeing it anywhere (in pending status?) so I'm not sure if I should try to re-send it.

This is not a "new site" issue so your question should go in one of the existing threads asking about new member thread/post moderation so as not to derail this one. Please refer to the following thread and if you do not find your answer, please post your question there, thanks.

http://www.therpf.com/f16/why-my-posts-being-moderated-answered-140003/

Ok, well that explains that but I am still getting notifications for post quotes like when you just quoted me. If that were the case, it is strange that some would go through while others are being held back.

For some reason when I click on the "login or sign up" button it just sits there then displays a page showing this error lol. I did all the steps in the email :/

Server Error in '/' Application.

Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.]
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue() +1118
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadInternal() +64
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read() +28
Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.ReadForType(JsonReader reader, JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter) +237
Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent) +771
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType) +800
CAT.Controllers.UserController.CrossAuthenticate(Int32 userid, String returnUrl) +396
lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +164
System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +248
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +416
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass39.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__33() +120
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b__49() +452
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass37.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__36(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +15
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass2a.<BeginInvokeAction>b__20() +34
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass25.<BeginInvokeAction>b__22(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +229
System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1d.<BeginExecuteCore>b__18(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +28
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +15
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +53
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +15
System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass8.<BeginProcessRequest>b__3(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +42
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +1656
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +540

There is no icon/link for adding the spoiler tags, so it must be entered manually (you did it correctly).

example:

{spoiler}spoiler text goes here{/spoiler}

*Just replaced the { bracket with the [ bracket.

What it looks like with the proper [ bracket.

spoiler text goes here

I also haven't been getting any notifications for my PMs or subscribed threads. I saw that it's apparently due to a couple of membership-wide emails that have been sent out (or at least I assume it's a couple, as from reading threads it looks like there was a similar problem a few weeks ago and then again in the last couple of days and both problems were blamed on membership-wide emails).

My question has to do with the membership-wide emails... I haven't received one since the site change notification in April - is there any reason for that? Are these emails still that far backlogged? If not, why wouldn't I have received it? Is there anywhere that the information from the email(s) is visible on the site here? I'm just curious to know what I've (potentially) missed.

Thanks! :)

A few members are having this issue. To resolve it, please do the following:

1.Log out of the RPF.
2. Delete any cookies in your browser pertaining to therpf.com.
3. Log back in to the RPF.
4. Log in to Pulse.

Sorry for the tedious process, but we have seen some cookies causing this issue for a few members.

Please let me know if that works for you.

Art

For some reason when I click on the "login or sign up" button it just sits there then displays a page showing this error lol. I did all the steps in the email :/

Server Error in '/' Application.

Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.]
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue() +1118
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadInternal() +64
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read() +28
Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.ReadForType(JsonReader reader, JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter) +237
Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent) +771
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType) +800
CAT.Controllers.UserController.CrossAuthenticate(Int32 userid, String returnUrl) +396
lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +164
System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +248
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +416
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass39.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__33() +120
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b__49() +452
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass37.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__36(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +15
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass2a.<BeginInvokeAction>b__20() +34
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass25.<BeginInvokeAction>b__22(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +229
System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1d.<BeginExecuteCore>b__18(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +28
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +53
System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass8.<BeginProcessRequest>b__3(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +42
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +1656
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +540

Probably way late to the party on this but its official - I can't ****ing stand the new site with regards to uploading photos.

Less user friendly than before and crashes AOL regularly.

Sorry Art - love ya to death! But not so much the new site format.

Last edited:
I just got a barrage of notifications... like they were piled up but I am still missing new notifications.
There still may be some lag now that all of the "old" notifications are being sent out. We are working on resolving the original issue so that we won't have to go through this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back