New RPF Sites Issues - CLOSED (please search for or start a thread for new issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed a new form of advertising. Random words in a thread are clickable links that lead to ads, "take our 30 second survey to win!" and the like. I'm using a browser add on to change the forum look, links are a different color so I was able to spot this right off. Is this a normal feature? If so a premium member shouldn't see it. Ad Block doesn't stop it either.

EDIT: the word survey in this post now tells me I've won a WalMart gift card.

EDIT again: Please disregard. I noticed this popping up on other sites, so it's a form of adware on my end. Now I just need to figure out how to remove it. Sorry for the false alarm :$

Last edited:
Just needs more color.. it blends in allot.. And just needs getting use to is all once you learn how to maneuver around all is well..:D

Yes I have the same issue... I had to unsubscribe and then resubscribe to start getting notices. I originally though it was just due to the conversion but I have started new threads that I don't get notices for unless I do the un and re subscribe thing.

Sorry to hear you have something on your machine, but glad to know it isn't on our end. We don't do any inline advertising through links like that.

I've noticed a new form of advertising. Random words in a thread are clickable links that lead to ads, "take our 30 second survey to win!" and the like. I'm using a browser add on to change the forum look, links are a different color so I was able to spot this right off. Is this a normal feature? If so a premium member shouldn't see it. Ad Block doesn't stop it either.

EDIT: the word survey in this post now tells me I've won a WalMart gift card.

EDIT again: Please disregard. I noticed this popping up on other sites, so it's a form of adware on my end. Now I just need to figure out how to remove it. Sorry for the false alarm :$

Rodann, if you are having timeout issues, it is likely a cookie/caching issue. Clear your cache and cookies and login again. Make sure you have checked the "Remember me" radio box when logging in.

In regard to the ENTER button not working, this was a conflict between the WYSIWYG editor and IE10. That should now be resolved.

Replying in a thread...........Thread replies time out. Have to log back in. "Auto save" is useless. Copy and paste does not work in replies, to save text. And it clears the field when you have to log back in- even if you open another window!

ENTER button does not work for paragraph spacing half the time. And NOT in EDIT mode. Edit mode also doubles up the text, making it look like you typed everything twice.

Last edited:
I previously had no problem dragging pictures from my desk top on my pc to the "manage attachments" window to upload to a new thread. Now, the only pics I can load are the old pictures that are under that heading. Those drag just fine. I've clicked on "upload new items', still nothing. When I try to drag a photo over, the second I drag it over the window it expands to cover the whole darn window, but never actually uploads.Can't get rid of it without X-ing it out, going back to the "new thread' window, and starting over again......still no photo uploads.:confused

Sorry to hear you have something on your machine, but glad to know it isn't on our end. We don't do any inline advertising through links like that.

I didn't think so, but I thought maybe an advertiser was doing something you were unaware of. It was easy enough to remove.

On a positive note, I haven't had many if any of the problems others have reported. You guys have done a great job of fixing these issues, thanks.

Hey Art, ignore the PM, I found the thread, sorry for the inconvenience.

I respect the extensive work which has gone into this website and the labor which has been invested.

However, this new design does not have much in the way of contrast and the font size appears much smaller, as such the words have a tendency to blur into the background. Since the upgrades, I have had to adjust my monitor to view pages.

I do not know what the average age of members is, but I am pushing 50 and was surprised how much difficulty I have viewing the new site.

Thank you for your time.

I think I know what is causing the issue I mentioned before in the PM system. To refresh your memory... when you want to delete a message, for example, you check the box then go to the bottom of the thread and mouse over the 'Selected Messages' 'button' then the drop down menu appears. When you try to move the mouse down to select the delete option the drop down menu closes as soon as you move your mouse off the button. It appears as though the drop down box is actually a few pixels separated from the button so there is a space in between the button and the menu box. When the mouse pointer hits this space it thinks you 'changed your mind' and moved your mouse off the button. This is the same as if you were to move it to the side or up. If the menu box were right under the button where the borders were touching then I think this would solve the problem.

As a temp work around it seems as though if you click and drag the button onto the drop down menu box then you are able to get to the box without it closing.

On the same topic it seems as though there is a grey oval button behind the text. You can see part of it sticking down past the grey box of the message window. When you mouse over the button then the grey oval background disappears. The only way I know this is because of the part sticking down past the message box cause otherwise they are the same color. Anyways, the drop down menu box would be right up against the oval button shape that disappears but since it disappears then it leaves a space between the text which is activating the drop down box and the drop down box itself. I hope all that make sense and helps you guys fix it cause it took me a while to type this book and the glitch is driving me nuts, lol

Just a note. Ever since we added the hover dropdowns (allowing you to simply hover over a dropdown menu to open it as opposed to clicking on it, we have had a number of usability with the site. We have now gone back and SEVERELY restricted this hover function to ONLY apply to the navigation menu at the top of the page, which was the main area members were asking for it. This should resolve a plethora of small and not so small issues.

Hi Art! I've got a strange bug going on now when I try to reply with the field at the bottom of a thread (quick reply). The browser warns me that leaving the page will lose unsaved information I've entered, rather than considering my reply complete and posting it. It gives me the option to "leave page" or "stay on page." If I back out of that dialogue and resubmit it, it says it's waiting for the site but goes nowhere. Next time it happens (maybe in a few seconds!) I'll see what happens when I click "leave page."

- - - Updated - - -

Of course - that one just posted immediately. It's like the check engine light inevitably turning off as you turn into the mechanic's parking lot...

Can we get the quantity of images and videos raised.. Images only allows 25 per post, but when you have someone like me adding pics to their Collection Thread, at times need more than 25, and don't want to have to keep adding posts after posts when it can all be kept in just one post.. Same with videos, you can't add more one video per post, even when I made the post and then tried making another post to the same thread said I can't as can't have 2 or more videos in post..

Hitting return in a post does nothing... (Cant put blank lines in between paragraphs)

If I type.. then hit "return" nothing happens. So putting a spacer in between paragraphs can not be done. This only happens when commenting in a thread. No in new topics.

See?

(Chrome 26.0.1410.65 on MacBook Pro running 10.8.3)

(Oh and hate the new UI)

Re: Hitting return in a post does nothing... (Cant put blank lines in between paragra

Hmm...

Works for me just fine.

:):thumbsup

Perhaps an intermittent issue?

Re: Hitting return in a post does nothing... (Cant put blank lines in between paragra

Its a VB4 issue, it's happening on a few forums I frequent.

Yes, it seems to come and go.

Working fine now, but was not working a few min ago in the prop forum. I will update as it happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back