Done / Completed New "Rolling Droid" BB-8 From Star Wars Force Awakens - Now Selling!

rgriesbeck

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Update: Now Selling!!

1) BB-8 kit, which includes 10 3D printed pieces (and the clear eye piece) will sell for $65.00
2) Magnet kit, which includes the head and body magnets to make the head pose-able - $5.00
3) The stand, which includes the plaque and a color printed 'label' (as shown in the pics) - $35.00
4) Shipping anywhere is $12.50

If you’d like to order one (or two, or three) please to the following:
1) Send me a PM and let me know what options above you’d like
2) Please include your name and shipping address
3) Send payment via paypal to berngriesbeck@gmail.com
4) If you’d like to order multiple BB-8s, send me a PM 1st and I’ll try to work you a deal

So we're starting to model this cute little guy seen in the 2 most recent trailers. I'm imagining him being about 4 inches in size with a separate head and body. The body would have a strong earth magnet in it as would the head. The head would be able to move around freely on the body.

I'd like to make a base/stand too and maybe do some magnet magic too.

I can't see BB-8 being able to fully rotate while the head stays up, but I think we can get some cool movements going on. I'll know more as we get into prototyping (assuming there's enough interest).

My Version:

Here's the kit(s) below, minus the clear eye piece that I will also include.

Last edited:
Re: New "Rolling Droid" BB-8 From Star Wars Force Awakens

Interested, pending final price, pics, etc. :) Keeping an eye on this

Interested, although in the UK, so hoping postage will be available.

Interested

Assume when you say 6 inches you're just talking of the head and not the full droid?

hehe - I'll be making the WHOLE droid (plus maybe a base or stand) and my plan is to make it about 6 inches tall. I'm playing with some concepts today as far as how the head will move, etc

If you find someone making one of these 1:1 for less than $100 let me know :lol

Lol Right?!?! At that price I am sure this whole forum will know! I was thinking just $100 for the little head, but rereading the first post again it makes more sense. Or is that just the coffee finally kicking in? Lol

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back