New Predator "movie Script"

good luck with the project sounds similar to the bad blood comics will be intresting to see a pred hunting the iraquees never thought of that idea before but i like it ;)

I don't want to spoil the main details of the story, such as the number of Predators in it, but glad everyone likes the idea so far.

Thanks........Just trying to get noticed by someone, and may land a job in a movie prop production area....I
grew up studying Stan Winston's work and I new thats what I wanted to do when I grew up...Well I grew up
and still living in Illinois.........Thats why I'm showing a lot of my work on the web lately..maybe to get noticed....
This is all I have going on sinse all the the job layoff's and hours constantly getting cut do to the economy...
Only thing good about that is getting all my projects done a lot more quicker.....Well thanks again and I'll have
a lot more stuff to come in the summer............

MOTION COMIC script is going great, I didnt expect all the possitve responces and E-mails on the subjuct. So since the concept is so well liked I'm going with the BIG IDEA. The story is solid, so now I'm going from just a MOTION COMIC, to a full MOTION PICTURE SCRIPT. i allready have a lot written and putting in details into the first DRAFT now.

How did I miss this thread earlier . . . ?

I'm curious about how you are going about making this fan film. Most people who make fan films (me included) just grab a camcorder and head outside to shoot it with their friends (and I don't even do that--I shoot it myself in front of a greenscreen in my living room). But it sounds like you have more planned than that. For those who use professional-level equipment, and actual actors, and all that, how do you go about doing that? Where does the money come from to pay for it? How does one then release the finished movie (other than by posting it on YouTube like all we rank amateurs do :( )

I'm curious as to how this ever gets done.

Its actully a story I wrote a couple years age...I was turning it into a motion comic on my computer, but now going for a full script..Its a great movieidea, If the predators are searching for heat and conflict then where else than Iraq. Its a great new location for the next Predator movie....I'll have most of the script done by fall then I'm pitching the idea to FOX in the SPRING of 2013 ....Its about time for a new Predator movie to be in production so lets hope they like it..........................

Well, 52 paragraph outline of my storyline finally done......About 27 pages of plain Iraq war mixed in with Predators.....Throw in some badass Predator vs US ARMY and INSURGENTS, and you are in for some action with lots of blood shed............Now I'm going through and rewrighting the entire outline detailling each sentence.....Then after thats done I work on the script of the story.........

Well, nearlly a year and a half has passed since my last post. I'm and glad to say that the 2nd DRAFT of my script is complete and ready to presnt to FOX. I REALLY, REALLY, wish I could tell you all a lot more about it, but.......I REALLY can't.....

The SCRIPT for this "MIDDLE EAST HUNT" is GREAT. 100% Feedback on the who ever has read or even given a very detailled description of it. A lot of Predator fans here in Illinois and some in Hollywood CA enjoyed the script.

So.......ANYONE who reads this post with any knowledge of getting in contact with FOX producers,.....would be great....

MOSTLY I WOULD LIKE TO CONTACT....Producer John Davis.

So tell me what you think of the basic idea or throw down some of your own idea on what you would like to see.
Also any question would be fun too!

THANKS Randy

As far as contacting the powers that be at fox, well, I've been trying (on my own) for months to get ahold of someone, or at least get a response. I’m sure you know that Hollywood, at the end of the day, is looking to make money, so you may end up having to use a ‘middle- man service’ (these too are part of Hollywood) to pitch your idea to 20th Century Fox. I’ve decided to use one of these “middle-man services” myself via what's called a 'copyright clearance service'. I’m not sure what type of service you’ll need in order to successfully submit your idea. FOX producers see thousands of move idea scripts per year, and a great deal of them get rejected.
If possible, I would contact the Thomas Brothers, to see how they went about submitting their idea
( screenplay) to FOX. ‘Predator’ was their very FIRST screen play, and they hit a home run with it!
Goodluck!

As far as contacting the powers that be at fox, well, I've been trying (on my own) for months to get ahold of someone, or at least get a response. I’m sure you know that Hollywood, at the end of the day, is looking to make money, so you may end up having to use a ‘middle- man service’ (these too are part of Hollywood) to pitch your idea to 20th Century Fox. I’ve decided to use one of these “middle-man services” myself via what's called a 'copyright clearance service'. I’m not sure what type of service you’ll need in order to successfully submit your idea. FOX producers see thousands of move idea scripts per year, and a great deal of them get rejected.
If possible, I would contact the Thomas Brothers, to see how they went about submitting their idea
( screenplay) to FOX. ‘Predator’ was their very FIRST screen play, and they hit a home run with it!
Goodluck!

As someone who has worked in the book publishing business (both as a writer and as a publisher) for many years, I can second this, and offer some advice to anyone thinking of going into the book-writing or script-writing business. (The book business and the movie-script business are very similar--indeed many scripts are just adaptations from books). Years ago, when I first got started, it was do-able for a beginner to write a book or movie script and then submit it themselves to publishers and producers (these unsolicited manuscripts were referred to as "over the transom"). But today, that is nearly impossible. To be blunt, nearly all the over-the-transom submissions that companies get are worthless junk and go straight to the trash, and companies have decided that it's not worth the expense of paying a legion of readers to wade through all that junk (called "the slush pile") to find the few gold nuggets within. So today most publishers and production companies no longer accept unsolicited manuscripts or scripts, and will ONLY accept and look at projects that are submitted to them by recognized literary or script agents. So if you want any chance of actually getting a book published or a script produced, you MUST find a literary agent to represent you. You can find literary and script agents listed in "Writers Digest" or "Writers Market" (most libraries have current editions of those), and there are probably compilations of literary agents on the Net too.

But please go into this with your eyes wide open. The odds are enormously against you. For every script that is actually produced, there are thousands more than never see the light of day. In Hollywood, every waiter and parking valet has a script that they're shopping to producers, and agents are flooded with far more scripts than they can actually use. And please also remember that even if a script gets accepted for production, it will nearly always be edited and re-written so much that it ends up being almost unrecognizable to the person who originally wrote it.

Writing, whether books or scripts, is not a business for the faint of heart. It is a game where you will lose a thousand times for every time you win. So learn to deal with rejection--you'll get a lot of it. I used to wallpaper my room with all the rejection slips from publishers. o_O The trick is to forget all the losses and only remember the wins. :cool:

I do sincerely wish anyone who tries it, though, the very best of luck. It's a dream that many have but few actually try--and to me, the saddest dreams of all are the ones that die on the vine.

thanks for the advice,......agree with everything you say....99% chance of getting rejected,......It's all about wowing the producers, think MONEY,...desighn a well like movie without having to spend a lot on budget and still make it a great movie and still not have it uninteresting.
That, and i see all the AWEFUL movies out there today and think,..."REALLY know one could have made that better." makes me feel anyone these days can film anything and get a way with it, right.....

As stated FOX will not accept an unsolicited script. You will have to be reports first. Also, and this is what's taters most, in a franchise piece, the screen writer will be hired. In other words the will
Most likely seek them out. For example .. When Rodriquez was first approached to write the script for predators, there was no price attached to the film ( ah yes... You will need to take budget into consideration when writing a script) .. He wrote it big. His screenplay was shelved for years. Later after the AVP debacles, they ressurrected his script. However they also hired two new screen writers to refine it. Alex Litvak and Michael Finch had their screenplay Medieval optioned and were considered hot.. That's how they got the job. Basically your best bet is to write an original screenplay ( make sure it is formatted correctly, using Final Draft... If not, they won't even look at it) take that script and shop it to a literary agent or manager.. OR.. Try and have it independently made.. THEN you may get on a studios radar. This isn't meant to be discouraging at all. Just having worked in this industry for enough years.. Having friends in every aspect of this I can give you a potentially more realistic look at the State of the industry now

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back