NEW (OLD) MILLENNIUM FALCON from SOLO the movie

This is fantastic, and it totally explains why the Falcon looked a little weird in the long shot of it on the ground in one of the trailers; it's due to the extra cladding.

It also offers some insight into the reason the Full sized set piece in the new movies is in dire need of a nose job

wow nice cgi rendering, those panels are thick!

solo-a-star-wars-story-5120x2880-emilia-clarke-donald-glover-alden-13042.jpg

Last night was the film's premiere and judging by the Twitter responses the film is the fun palette cleanser many fans wanted after TLJ. Cast seems to be a big highlight, including Alden as Han (which is a relief). I'm seriously excited now! All I want is a great time for 2 hours and some cool Falcon action. Looks like we're getting it!

Anyone figure out or have confirmation on what the base color is on this Falcon?

The toys and scale Models show a white , but the CG model turns floating around the internet make it look like the same Reefer White as the old Falcon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last night was the film's premiere and judging by the Twitter responses the film is the fun palette cleanser many fans wanted after TLJ. Cast seems to be a big highlight, including Alden as Han (which is a relief). I'm seriously excited now! All I want is a great time for 2 hours and some cool Falcon action. Looks like we're getting it!

IIRC there were a lot of gushing celebrity tweets after TJL premiere, too, BUT...I remain cautiously optimistic. Still worried about Alden's performance.....

IIRC there were a lot of gushing celebrity tweets after TJL premiere, too, BUT...I remain cautiously optimistic. Still worried about Alden's performance.....

True, but keep in mind we're in a post-TLJ world. People know that TLJ was divisive and several people referenced how they were pleasantly surprised or went into Solo with low expectations. So, their comments actually make me feel better. Had the film been another TLJ disappointment, I don't think people would've held back unloading on it. With TLJ, I think people (including professional reviewers) were reluctant to criticize Carrie Fisher's last film. Solo doesn't carry that baggage.

My biggest problem with Alden is he's 5'9". I can't think of anything less "Solo-like". He kinda looks like a munchkin parading around in a Han Solo costume.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah, TLJ definitely had Carrie baggage to contend with.

Well, I'm waiting for reviews from hardcore fans like you guys...:D If this crew likes the movie, then I'll know it's actually good. :thumbsup

Ill wait till the film comes out.
TLJ also got a lot of cirtic and media buzz and that turned out to be garbage.
[emoji53]

Ill wait till the film comes out.
TLJ also got a lot of cirtic and media buzz and that turned out to be garbage.
[emoji53]

Totally agree. But Lawrence Kasdan and Ron Howard are not Rian Johnson. I don't think anyone went into this movie with a plan to "subvert expectations." I don't begrudge anyone being gun shy at this point, but I'm very confident we're in for something at least closer to Rogue One.

Totally agree. But Lawrence Kasdan and Ron Howard are not Rian Johnson. I don't think anyone went into this movie with a plan to "subvert expectations." I don't begrudge anyone being gun shy at this point, but I'm very confident we're in for something at least closer to Rogue One.

Kasdan is the only reason I havent written this off when I heard about it.

[emoji106]

Anyone figure out or have confirmation on what the base color is on this Falcon?

The toys and scale Models show a white , but the CG model turns floating around the internet make it look like the same Reefer White as the old Falcon.

Computer model paint jobs are based in RGB values, not paint colors really, but I don't think you could go wrong with Reefer White. I think that would work just about perfectly.

Computer model paint jobs are based in RGB values, not paint colors really, but I don't think you could go wrong with Reefer White. I think that would work just about perfectly.

Yeah, im just wondering whats the acrylic equivalent to that RGB color.

Reefer seems a bit too warm.
Might even fo with Insignia White.

Yeah, im just wondering whats the acrylic equivalent to that RGB color.

Reefer seems a bit too warm.
Might even fo with Insignia White.

The model builder that built the pre-vis model for LFL painted his with Archive X Reefer White

27657295_2035914756630548_1383231884997983976_n.jpg

J

What breaks my heart about that model is that they used the Fine Molds kit as the base. So that means the kit's glaring inaccuracies -- the parallel mandibles, the too tall jaw boxes, the too flat hull curvature -- are now baked into the design. It's sad that poorly proportioned kits like the AMT and the FM end up misinforming the next generation of designers working on the films. Hopefully, when they got around to making the digital asset they used the 5-footer proportions from the TFA/TLJ digital Falcon as the base.

...positive look at it: Be greatful that they didn't use a Revell-Kit for the pre-vis-model :) But I don't think, that the pre-vis-model with it's inaccuracy will influence future, because the will mainly use the digital asset, and that's the 5-footer:
flc.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back