New Mjolnir Thor Dark World Hammer

But the EFX version is the second generation Avengers hammer. Do you not like the third generation Dark World hammer better?

To be honest I actually prefer the original from Thor as its the closest to the comic version...if they made an eFx version of that I'd snap it up immediately...but the museum replica is rubbish in comparison and doesn't have the right dimensions...

I'd like to see some more detailed photos. I love the quality of the eFX Mjolnir but prefer the handle on the Dark World better.

I'll probably wait to see how the King Arts' version will turn out, if they ever get around to making one. All I've seen is the teaser in the photos they uploaded to their Facebook page at the end of January.

10612795_950355431663789_5453689220683539251_n.jpg

No other info available I'm afraid. If you look up their Facebook page and scroll down their photos, you'll find some pictures taken during an event in March, 2014. Together with other vendors like Hot Toys and Enterbay, they had quite a few items on display, some of which are already available or currently on pre-order. I'm guessing the Mjolnir will be available to order sometime soon.

These are from the said event in March 2014:

1621857_758642144168453_1374637254_n.jpg 10012899_765615396804461_1397746330_o.jpg 10015104_758642037501797_1365960572_o.jpg

So the shields are currently being shipped, as is the Chitauri scepter and the Iron Man 2 arc reactor and wooden palladium box. The Iron Man mark III "repair" charger is on pre-order as are the 1/9 scale figures. I guess the Mjolnir can't be too far away?

I had forgotten all about the Mjolnir until King Arts reminded me with their photos from the Macau Toy Show...

Thanks for the pics! I still think the finishing on the EFX version is superior (they've done an amazing job with the Mjolnir head) but I'm liking the handle. Decisions, decisions....

Thanks for the pics! I still think the finishing on the EFX version is superior (they've done an amazing job with the Mjolnir head) but I'm liking the handle. Decisions, decisions....
It's beyond me why EFX doesn't do the Dark World Hammer. I would think all they need to do is create the different handle.

I can't believe that I actually own one of these masks. I had no idea King Arts was involved in the making of these.

I think you would be better off with the efx hammer, if you can find one. I now wish I had gotten in on the efx hammer while it was available for around $600. Seems to be around $800 everywhere I have found them.

While I like The Dark World hammer better than the Avengers hammer, I would be a little hesitant buying this one for the high cost. It looks really nice, but is it actually licensed? I know that efx claims to be the only maker of "licensed" replicas but I dont know if that statement holds true worldwide.

I have the Lager hammer, and while the quality is not anything near the efx hammer, or even the Beast Kingdom hammer you show above, it was much easier to justify the cost since it is only a display piece anyway, no one touches it, and it does look very nice, just not very great when you hold it.

I think you would be better off with the efx hammer, if you can find one. I now wish I had gotten in on the efx hammer while it was available for around $600. Seems to be around $800 everywhere I have found them.

While I like The Dark World hammer better than the Avengers hammer, I would be a little hesitant buying this one for the high cost. It looks really nice, but is it actually licensed? I know that efx claims to be the only maker of "licensed" replicas but I dont know if that statement holds true worldwide.

I have the Lager hammer, and while the quality is not anything near the efx hammer, or even the Beast Kingdom hammer you show above, it was much easier to justify the cost since it is only a display piece anyway, no one touches it, and it does look very nice, just not very great when you hold it.

What difference does it make if it's licensed or not, as long as the detail and quality is there?

What difference does it make if it's licensed or not, as long as the detail and quality is there?

I do agree with you that detail and quality are the most important factors. However with all other factors being equal, price point and quality, I personally would choose the item that is "licensed" and of a limited run, over the non licensed item. Even though I like The Dark World hammer design better. I say this as a matter of preference, I am no expert. Also you know what you get with the efx Hammer, where this Kingdom Toys hammer is somewhat of a unknown item that no consumers, have seen in hand as of this time.

The Dark World hammer you have linked looks to be a beautiful piece, seems to have the correct weight, and is still nearly $200 cheaper than what I seem to be able to currently find for the efx Avengers hammer. If you do end up getting one of these I would love to see your review and some user taken photos.

I think whether the piece if licensed or unlicensed would have an effect on the long term value of the piece. Collectors might favor licensed items as they have a published history that people can talk about (think "Antique Roadshow" type of story). Unlicensed stuff might be considered knockoffs or counterfeits later on IMO.

Love this video of how they made one of the Mjolnirs for The Dark World. Interesting how they made the handle, like totally not how I expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back