New Member - Predator (p1) 3d Animated Project!

Really enjoying your updates, Ralph! Your work is incredible. You are seriously talented in this area. Thank you so much for sharing this with us, and I agree with BonzRus, You can clearly see the attitude in the pred's strut, I'm sooo loving it!
~Estelle

Your sculpt looks amazing.
How about: - some scars, wounds, green blood, scuffed netting
                   - quills on the arm
                   -  saliva dripping from mouth?

quills.jpg

scars.jpg

Thanks for the feedback! I am in the process of adding more quills.

Not sure if the Predator would have saliva dripping from his mouth though :p The original never had it, plus seeing as his mouth is constantly open (because he cannot fully close it) I don't think he would need salivary glands to digest his food (seeing as he couldn't really chew his food either.

It's interesting, how does a Predator eat?? Maybe I'll make a funny animation of the Predator trying to eat pasta... :p

R_Sutter said:
Thanks for the feedback! I am in the process of adding more quills.

Not sure if the Predator would have saliva dripping from his mouth though :p The original never had it, plus seeing as his mouth is constantly open (because he cannot fully close it) I don't think he would need salivary glands to digest his food (seeing as he couldn't really chew his food either.

It's interesting, how does a Predator eat?? Maybe I'll make a funny animation of the Predator trying to eat pasta... :p
When he was about to gig Arnold, saw the spikes on the trap set for him, there was a string of saliva hanging from his lower mandible.  Good stuff. 

Looking forward to your progress!!!

Ralph, a predator can fully close his mouth. A predator's mouth -I'm sorry for this, it's early and I'm unable to think of a better word to describe the mouth, so i apologize ahead  for this- But, the mouth is actually the ' vagina-like ' opening, witch a  predator can open and tightly close.  The mandibles, lower  jaw containing the lower four teeth and upper jaw with it's two teeth are part of a predator's "outer-mouth" if you will. A predator can actually spread/open his mandibles and have his true mouth closed. You can clearly see this in some mask designs/sculpts.
~Estelle

http://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/there+s+just+something+about+the+mouth+of+a+Predator+_e145f69ae64882b696a2b0f687c0ddbf.jpg

Here is what I was talking about, some may say it's the predator's throat, but I disagree. It's to highly developed to be a simple throat, as he's able to open and close it voluntarily, and uses it to "speak" or form words. I think the term 'choanal slit' is the closest I can come to describing it, even thou it's not an accurate term for a predator's mouth, it's far better that the previous description I used in the  earlier post.
~Estelle

I decided to pick this guy up again, I've been super swamped with work. I've been offered my own 3D/Zbrush tutorial video series :) Here's the latest (AO only) render from MAX. I rendered the normal maps for his body and head using Xnormal. More coming soon! Armor is still not detailed.

Pred_Main_Pass_zpsfe7a680a.jpg

Great to see some more activity here Ralph. I have been wondering. Thanks for sharing what you have been doing and keeping at it in spite of a busy work schedule. Thanks for the update as usual and as always...looking forward to more. It looks fantastic!!

Steve

Thank you sir! Here's a fully body shot of him all rigged up in MAX :) The next update is going to be quite drastic! (Realistic render with subsurface scattering and photometric lighting) :)

P1_Whole_NEW2ZBC_zps704f54f8.jpg

P1_Whole_NEWZBC_zps99d52f10.jpg

Excellent! If I haven't already said it before I will say it now and if I have I will say it again...I really like the armor on this guy. It is simple and clean. I want to pattern the armor I make after this. I will work from whatever images you post...or any specific armor renderings you can send my way. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to more updates!!! Keep 'em coming.

Steve 

Thanks guys! Haven't updated in a while, been super busy :(
I started polypainting and I've also begun work on the armor sculpting.
Pred_3d_zps00f77134.jpg

Thanks for the updates! Your, website is amazing BTW, you truly have a gift for this..I would love to see a colorized up date of your animated walking /strutting pred. All your preds are great, but I love that strutting guy the most!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back