New Member Here! Have some general questions about Blade Runner Prop Replicas!

YesiLoveTheOwl

Hello there! I've been a huge Blade Runner fan for years now and I have been wanting to obtain a PKD replica, but I really don't have all the information I would like. I know that Tomenosuke is the best of the best but I have been checking their store for about a month now and nothing has been restocked. Do they ever restock their PKD kits and if so, what would be a good timeframe? I also don't know where to start when it comes to the replicas. My ultimate goal is to build or buy a full metal replica similar to the ones that Adam Savage has. Seeing as I have never built anything outside of legos, I am also fairly new to the whole build process itself. Any advice or information would be really helpful.
Thank You and I look forward to interacting with this community :) !!!

I’m afraid you will have to look to the second-hand market for a Tomenosuke at the moment. They are out of stock everywhere and the manufacturer has stated on their blog that due to the foundry costs for a new 400-gun production run they may not do any more at the moment. The translation on my pad is crap but Tome Bra, below, is Tomenosuke blaster. Kits were only ever produced at a small fraction of each run they did, like 50 kits to 400 built, and these are now commanding as much online as fully built guns if you can even find one. When they do turn up they are selling for at least twice their original 350.00 price tag. If you want a full metal gun look to the Sidkit or Coyle replicas. Sidkits are great with really crisp castings and lots of pre-assembly work done for you but a bit less accurate and Coyle’s are more accurate but a LOT of work to build, less crisp in the casting department and very expensive. You takes your choice. It also depends where in the world you are. For example; In the states, no problem getting anything gun-shaped sent to you, here in the UK, not too difficult if you’re careful, in Australia, pretty much impossible... Good luck in your search.
1309687B-E1FE-410C-BC1D-EE9957449537.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello there! I've been a huge Blade Runner fan for years now and I have been wanting to obtain a PKD replica, but I really don't have all the information I would like. I know that Tomenosuke is the best of the best but I have been checking their store for about a month now and nothing has been restocked. Do they ever restock their PKD kits and if so, what would be a good timeframe? I also don't know where to start when it comes to the replicas. My ultimate goal is to build or buy a full metal replica similar to the ones that Adam Savage has. Seeing as I have never built anything outside of legos, I am also fairly new to the whole build process itself. Any advice or information would be really helpful.
Thank You and I look forward to interacting with this community :) !!!
You could always buy a non kit version, buy a metal replacement barrel, strip all the metal, blue the steel and then weather it. If you do a search here and read all the threads, you will see some great finished pieces. Just search “Tomenosuke blaster modification” and read through all the threads. But this one shows a good result:

There is also a good chance to buy a blaster on the second hand market lately cheaper than retail as most collectors have already bought one and they aren’t going crazy to acquire them anymore, so prices have dropped on resales. That demand isn’t what it used to be as the market has been somewhat saturated. Plus with people hurting financially during a pandemic, they are looking to unload them faster and a little cheaper. There is even one in the junk yard right now for $720.00. The replacement barrel will be around $100.00 so you could have a great piece for around $820.00z

You could always buy a non kit version, buy a metal replacement barrel, strip all the metal, blue the steel and then weather it. If you do a search here and read all the threads, you will see some great finished pieces. Just search “Tomenosuke blaster modification” and read through all the threads. But this one shows a good result:

There is also a good chance to buy a blaster on the second hand market lately cheaper than retail as most collectors have already bought one and they aren’t going crazy to acquire them anymore, so prices have dropped on resales. That demand isn’t what it used to be as the market has been somewhat saturated. Plus with people hurting financially during a pandemic, they are looking to unload them faster and a little cheaper. There is even one in the junk yard right now for $720.00. The replacement barrel will be around $100.00 so you could have a great piece for around $820.00z

WOW, I will definately try to take him up on that offer in the near future! Thanks for the heads up :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back