heavily Modified Tomenosuke Blade Runner blaster

juajn7fernandez

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Sooooo... remember that Tomenosuke I tried to sell a few weeks ago that nobody took...
So glad it didnt sell, and here are the results:

- Stripped the anodized flat black from all the parts that had it.
-Blued and aged accordingly
-Cut the barrel and replaced it with a steel one ( blued and aged as well)
-aged the gloss black paint on the handle frame

Still planning on aging the gloss black on the side covers, Adding the white cables on the side and making the two green lights work as well.
And here she is as of now
1f603.png

IMG_2628.JPG

IMG_2627.JPG

IMG_2631.jpg

IMG_2630.JPG

IMG_2628.JPG

IMG_2627.JPG

IMG_2631.jpg

IMG_2630.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I almost forgot! I am looking for the flat head to switch out the side thumb wheel. I bought this from a forum member so I'm not sure if this version of the Tomen came with the extra flat head screw to switch out like I've seen on the latest Tomen version. So, if anybody here knows where I could buy a replacement or if you own one that you are willing to sell, please contact me.

And some white cables added to continue with the mods. I feel like she need to start getting a bit more beat up. Now that these mods are in place, a bit of weathering and beating up will tie it all up. For now I am beyond pleased with the results. I cant denny I was a bit hesitant to start moding such an expensive piece, but I am so happy I did.

IMG_2635.JPG IMG_2636.JPG

BTW- Does anyone know if there are replacement Handle covers for the Tomen? With a more accurate color. I feel like these are a bit too dark and too much on the red side.

Any help would be awesome! Thanks in advance!

The redder ones are generally more sought-after. There was a big deal about the color being too yellow when they were first released. That said, I have a set of the yellower ones if you're interested. Personally, I think the grips you have on it look great already :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually going off of the shots from the Adam Savage video where he compares his to the actual prop. The original looks more on the yellow side of the spectrum. I'll PM you about the handles as well.

22bb53f12cc2712b6f7deac0dc5a8e1b.jpg

d412f3d137ab1d7971657b70f3a4dec4.jpg

d2d4a270427de990ff9fd5389e7a36ca.jpg

Holy crap! Those are some amazing shots you took! Thanks for sharing them!

You inspired my to pull out my crappy Nikon D3200 to take better shots than the ones I got with my cellphone. Although I am obviously not done modding her I did add another touch that I had not thought about until today. At one point someone had mentioned that the original barrel could be polished and blued, due to the compound nature of the plastic material. I'm assuming its sort of like a cold casting where metal powder is added to the resin to achieve a metallic look to resin materials. So I decided to try and rub the barrel that I cut out with some steel wool and amazingly it gave it a dark metallic sheen to it. I went on to apply this technique to the bulldog frame and it went from a matte black to a dark metallic grey. I think it helps a lot with the overall look of the blaster.

Here are the new shot!

DSC_1458.jpg

DSC_1473.jpg

DSC_1462.jpg

DSC_1475.jpg

DSC_1476.jpg

The different camera shows up your work fantastically juajn7fernandez. It shows the great finish on your modification which I have to admit seemed to be duller (flat) in your first pictures then it actually is.

Although - as you said - your grips are not quite the right shade, I'm not sure how you have finished your bulldog grip but its a good idea to finish/color it in the same way the hero is finished so that the diffused color through the amber looks the same as it does on the hero.

Hero_Butt.jpg

Looking really good.

High regards

MARK

Thanks guys! Glad I'm not being looked upon as a crazy person destroying a fine piece of replica prop :D

Anyways! I got some replacement grips that I feel are a lot closer to the images of the original ( big shout out and thanks to Veektohr for parting with an extra pair of grips!!) I also started experimenting with some scratches but nowhere near close to full weathering just yet. I'm gonna be doing some more work on this project later this week but for now I'm gonna share with you some more crappy cellphone pictures to show off the new grip covers.

IMG_2660.JPG IMG_2661.JPG IMG_2662.JPG

So today I received in the mail yet another upgrade I had been wanting for the Tomen. I found a real .44 special bulldog cylinder. It took some machining and adjustments to make it fit but it honestly didn't take more than an hour and a half to make it work. If you are thinking of doing this mod, keep in mind that although the overall dimensions are exactly the same between the Tomenosuke cylinder and the real .44 Special bulldog cylinder, there are some minor fitting differences. I bought the cylinder on its own with the intention to use the Tomen cylinder rod/star ( pardon my limited and erroneous gun vocabulary).

I took the opportunity to also shoot a few better pictures of the blaster so far. Still need a lot more weathering but this blaster has already surpassed my expectations of its potential.

DSC_1503.jpg

DSC_1511.jpg

DSC_1509.jpg

DSC_1507.jpg

DSC_1504.jpg

DSC_1513.jpg

DSC_1512.jpg

DSC_1515.jpg

Dude, you've done such a killer job on this! The cylinder is another thing I've wanted to address on mine. I love this blaster [emoji108][emoji108]

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back