New Lord of the Rings films coming

'You know what gets harder? The work off-screen. The thinking, the expanding… there's a reason why Tolkien stopped writing after a while,' Diesel said (via DigitalSpy). 'Because it's so hard to continue mythologies. Nobody thinks about it in that context, but it's real.'"
Tolkien-Vin-Diesel.jpg

Well, even the Big Bang is expending and stretching the fabric of the Universe...until it frays at the edges and finally rips into oblivion:devil:
That what I whish for all of those franchises...a nasty, bloody, ugly death!!:eek::eek:

Allow me to tie this thread and Vin Diesel into a neat little bow...

"Actor Vin Diesel has commented on and compared his Fast & Furious franchise to J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Speaking to Variety, Diesel said it has become difficult to expand the 'mythology' of the Fast & Furious franchise, not unlike how Diesel believes that Tolkien must have had a difficult time expanding the Lord of the Rings universe.

'You know what gets harder? The work off-screen. The thinking, the expanding… there's a reason why Tolkien stopped writing after a while,' Diesel said (via DigitalSpy). 'Because it's so hard to continue mythologies. Nobody thinks about it in that context, but it's real.'"

Bless you, Vin Diesel. Never change.
Vin Diesel? The Witch Hunter guy? The guy who failed EVERY WISDOM CHECK in his Own DnD ripoff MOVIE?!?!?

Which Fast and Furious had the wave after wave of enemy vehicles advancing on them while on the ice (remember he redirected a missle with his feet scene?!?!?), when in reality, it was just the SAME set of vehicles, same formation, shown again and again, lazily being shown over and over and over, shamelessly adding to the film's run time ?!?!

Not that, ummm....I've ever scene a Fast and Furious movie, too busy with my family. Its all about famil...ARGH!

As if the re-used shots of cylon ships blowing up on the orginal Battlestar Gallactica wasn't bad enough?!?!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230225-175547_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230225-175547_Samsung Internet.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 63
T
Well, even the Big Bang is expending and stretching the fabric of the Universe...until it frays at the edges and finally rips into oblivion:devil:
That what I whish for all of those franchises...a nasty, bloody, ugly death!!:eek::eek:
THat's so last century!

Now it is a uniform, symmetrical set of Bangs (thanks, William Hung) accelerating to the edge, pulled by the heavier dark matter that somehow got to the fringe of everything, debunking all other theories including the theory that claims it exist because it isnt a "uniform distribution."

Its like an astrophysicist claims they are making uniform sugar cookies, up to the point where a cat -that may actually be dead- sprinkles some dense chocolate chips around the batter.

Not me. I don’t complain about the current state of Hollywood and the overuse of what others may call “bland franchise filmmaking”.

You see, I am a “rinse and repeat” kind of guy that has been eating the same breakfast, every day, for the last 20 years. I’m basically the target audience for modern franchise films and the reason that they keep getting produced (yes, you all may thank me for that).

I don’t like variety. I don’t like anything considered “new” or”different” regarding stories, characters, plots, or settings. I come for the tropes, member berries, easter eggs, and things I recognize.

Nothing makes me smile wider than a simple man encountering the complex delicacy of a snow cone than when I can I finish a cinema experience that is basically a Xerox copy of everything that came before it.

Hollywood is creatively bankrupt? Ha! “More of the same…more of the same…” is my mantra.

Excuse me while I take in the trailer for the latest upcoming franchise offering that celebrates a “magnificent family”…I hope nothing truly new comes of this:

Not me. No sirrreee.
Tho I am eagerly awaiting the "Trip to the Moon and Great Train Robbery remakes.

You could literally post that statement in any film discussion thread.

Another Star Wars film or show? “Sorry, it’s been done. Do something else, like… something original”.

Another Batman movie or show? “Sorry, it’s been done. Do something else, like… something original”.

Another Jurassic Park movie? “Sorry, it’s been done. Do something else, like… something original”.

Another Marvel movie or show? “Sorry, it’s been done. Do something else, like… something original”.

Another Spider-Man movie or show? “Sorry, it’s been done. Do something else, like… something original”.

Another Aliens or Predators movie or show? “Sorry, it’s been done. Do something else, like… something original”.
Ironically, that is my response to every example you've given!

The way I look at it, it's the same as the Star Wars sequels.

In this late stage capitalism hellscape, anything that will put money in a CEO's pocket is inevitable. More LotR was always going to happen, because there's too much money to be made on it for it to not.

I just don't care beyond the movies we already have.

The way I look at it, it's the same as the Star Wars sequels.

In this late stage capitalism hellscape, anything that will put money in a CEO's pocket is inevitable. More LotR was always going to happen, because there's too much money to be made on it for it to not.

I just don't care beyond the movies we already have.
Wow, it's almost as if movie studios are in the business of making money like every other major corporation and even small businesses.

Sorry, it's been done. Do something else, like.....something original. :unsure:
Good luck with that. How many truly original stories have come out since the 80s.
It's all been done, or just rehashed. It's easier to redo are bend a couple of old ideas. I really miss the creativity. Thats what makes Lucas and Spielberg so special.

Wow, it's almost as if movie studios are in the business of making money like every other major corporation and even small businesses.
I was never suggesting they weren't or shouldn't be trying to make money, but in the way that some folks here seem to think Star Wars should never have gone beyond the OT, or even the original in some instances, I hold LotR pretty close to the heart and am skeptical at best that further content will have any actual lasting value.

But that's just me. I'm certainly not going to hop on here to spread negativity about it. I just think it's one of those things that doesn't need anything else.

By all means, anyone who is looking forward to it (whatever it ends up being) should continue to do so.

Good luck with that. How many truly original stories have come out since the 80s.
It's all been done, or just rehashed. It's easier to redo are bend a couple of old ideas. I really miss the creativity. Thats what makes Lucas and Spielberg so special.
Even back in the '70s and '80s we still had plenty of sequels and remakes along with copycat movies. Depending on your definition of original, there probably hasn't been a large amount of truly original movies since the early days of film. I'm sure that many early films were adaptations of plays and books, particularly when "talkies" were invented. Even then, I'm sure that a lot of "talkies" were remakes of old silent films. Then when color film came into being, a lot of early color films were certainly just remakes of old b&w films.

Even back in the '70s and '80s we still had plenty of sequels and remakes along with copycat movies. Depending on your definition of original, there probably hasn't been a large amount of truly original movies since the early days of film. I'm sure that many early films were adaptations of plays and books, particularly when "talkies" were invented. Even then, I'm sure that a lot of "talkies" were remakes of old silent films. Then when color film came into being, a lot of early color films were certainly just remakes of old b&w films.
I remember John Nathan Turner used to say Dr Who has seven possible plots.

Power Rangers went on for how many seasons?

For me, the issue is taking a name with a reputation and bastardizing it.

When Star Wars was no longer about epic Good vs Evil, but about arms dealers getting rich , I knew of entire groups of people who stopped with the midnight IMAX movie release attendance, including me.

The controversy gets attention, but alienates the very same people who's support made it possible.

I remember John Nathan Turner used to say Dr Who has seven possible plots.

Power Rangers went on for how many seasons?

For me, the issue is taking a name with a reputation and bastardizing it.

When Star Wars was no longer about epic Good vs Evil, but about arms dealers getting rich , I knew of entire groups of people who stopped with the midnight IMAX movie release attendance, including me.

The controversy gets attention, but alienates the very same people who's support made it possible.
It's a bit like Homeopathy: so much dilution that it's no longer effective and there's no trace of the original left to ingest:rolleyes:

I must point out that this thread, in a direct and convincing contrast to your doubts, has reached and expanded its pessimistic and creative limits several times. I have never enjoyed so much sarcasm in a single thread and yet more shows up in the next post. It is almost enough to encourage me to believe there really is no end to creativity, no end to the possibilities, no end to the nuances, remembrances and celebrations of all that can be added, changed, reimagined, repurposed, regurgitated, reingested, vomited and dare I say slurped up off the editing room floor in exchange for a dollar. I for one await the possibility that after numerous sequels, prequels and spinoffs, Lord of The Rings might culminate in the grand finale, the perfected, the coalescence of brilliance that Star Wars gave us in .... SPACEBALLS

I must point out that this thread, in a direct and convincing contrast to your doubts, has reached and expanded its pessimistic and creative limits several times. I have never enjoyed so much sarcasm in a single thread and yet more shows up in the next post. It is almost enough to encourage me to believe there really is no end to creativity, no end to the possibilities, no end to the nuances, remembrances and celebrations of all that can be added, changed, reimagined, repurposed, regurgitated, reingested, vomited and dare I say slurped up off the editing room floor in exchange for a dollar. I for one await the possibility that after numerous sequels, prequels and spinoffs, Lord of The Rings might culminate in the grand finale, the perfected, the coalescence of brilliance that Star Wars gave us in .... SPACEBALLS
Given the naming convention you mention, I think it can only fittingly be called Lord of the Wangs.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back