New kit "The Aboriginal" from Narin

Erwin

Check out this new kit from Narin.
It's freaking awesome

ta1.jpg

I got in on the first 35 as well. Super pumped about this one. This thing is maxed out on detail and huge.....like the Valdez kit. Just beautiful!!!!

Really likes awesome again!
I also got one of the first 35 :)
But got like 50+ other pred kits (many old ones) to do :O
Right now working on an original Batman vs Predator kit

Looks like Narin has given up on anything from the original two movies. It has been years since he teased that large scale City Hunter. Oh well, Prime 1 has hinted at a Predator license. Narin used to be my alternative to Sideshow's terrible Predator efforts, but I am not into his interpretive Predator sculpts. They are great quality, but just not my thing. I'll just keep my fingers crossed for Prime 1.

Last edited:
Looks like Narin has given up on anything from the original two movies. It has been years since he teased that large scale City Hunter. Oh well, Prime 1 has hinted at a Predator license. Narin used to be my alternative to Sideshow's terrible Predator efforts, but I am not into his interpretive Predator sculpts. They are great quality, but just not my thing. I'll just keep my fingers crossed for Prime 1.

I can see where you are coming from but it is pretty cool to see different takes on the Pred. Sometimes I think IMHO he gets a little carried with some of his ideas but hey he's original with it at least

I'm the opposite of jaguargod. That's the beauty of the hobby I guess. Everyone is different. I'm so sick and tired of the same retreads of P1, P2, and Wolf over and over and over. There's also the point of diminishing returns. We have the lifesize bust/torso from Scott Marshall which is basically perfect in my eyes. We have the Stan Winston Studios Sideshow P1 Exclusive which is about as definitive as you get. We have the Cinemaquette idealization by Steve Wang the creator of the monster himself. And we have Narin's 1/6 scale P1 and The Encounter which is perfection in resin. As far as P1 goes, we're done right? Sideshow is putting out yet another Jungle Hunter but I just don't know what they are adding here.

Wolf we have Narin's Two Guns Cleaner and classic Wolf and of course Sideshow's grail maquette which is one of the best Predator statues I've ever seen. We have a 1:1 bust and just announced a 1:2 scale bust with primeval scream.

And for P2 we have endless scales and variations by Narin (City Hunter 1/4 anyone?) as well as the recent Sideshow P2 1/4 scale museum pose maquette. Also many S Hayes versions that are detailed and accurate. I understand the argument with the P2 as there is some room for improvement with all of the above but hopefully I've made my point that when it comes to P1, P2, and Wolf we already have MANY, MANY, MANY fine representations.

That's why I love Narin's personal and unique visions for the Predator world. It adds so much richness, variety, and character to the Predator verse. I love the Predator pieces like Aboriginal or King and Queen waaay more than the old classic licenses.

I'm just sorry that he has slowed down the Predator love. It's hard to imagine but maybe he's finally begun to start running out of ideas? LoL.

I'll be honest and say that when you do too much of one thing it starts to get to you. No matter how many times you do it and the enjoyment you get out of it, it will start to wear you down. For example me with my beads or the Scott Marshall resin heads.
Narin does great pieces but when you have a community like the Predator community with various individuals from all walks of life it's easy to run into the odd collector with attitude or huge ego... and they like to flail around their weight. I've run into my fair share of those and have gotten tired of them and also refused all of them any of my items. So regardless to say I'm sure Narin himself has, had these run ins. I'm glad he's working on other projects especially one of his recent ones.

Sab did a really nice wolf. I commend him for that.

I would be interested in a female Predator down the line if Narin ever did do another one. After all he is an exceptional artist.

remarkably said bro. for me as well, creativity, individuality, passion and hardwork are traits that I admire the most, especially in this regard.

Narin's new work, if you've got it in your hands, is, MINIMUM, twice as detailed as it used to be. To sit and hold a piece like The Aboriginal in your hands after working on the Death Warrior or Bad Blood, it's not even on the same level. His understanding of anatomy and scale has gotten WAY better. The amount of work he's putting into pieces shows, and adding that level of detail just takes times. He's always got probably half a dozen or more sculpts going, and it's not like he was ever truly prolific to begin with. Some guys like Jeff Yagher can put out a sculpt a week. Narin just doesn't work like that, so if we want his pieces, we have to wait... Which sucks so badly, lol

The King & Queen, specifically, is easily the best kit he'll ever make. The dynamics, the conceptualization, the scaling, the movement, the level of detail in the sculpt... It's even engineered brilliantly. The Guyver kit he just released is easily the worst kit I've gotten from him, simply because there's SO MUCH detail that there's more air bubbles and voids in the kit than any other kit of his I've seen. It's just inevitable when there's as much sculpted detail as there is on it.

To me, Narin is so much more than just his predator sculpts. His pieces have an attitude and a swagger and an aesthetic that no other sculptor has. There's realistic detail to them, but they're posed and move in such dynamic, almost comic book-y ways. I guess it's hard to articulate... I just love his style and I think whatever he puts out is always going to be worth the wait.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back