New Image Prop Replicas?

For anyone wanting to know what the Newimage helmet looks like next to an RS. This image is not mine, I found it on the 501st Pathfinders site. The RS is on the left, Newimage on the right.

51188996-5CD2-4754-937B-CB9660558B26.jpeg

*Photo credit to Paul Feitor*

Hey Ackbar is there any way you could take another side profile pic of your helmet? I realize you took one already but was wondering if it could be taken a little bit further way to prevent lens distortion. Just wondering, sorry to be a pain!

Hey Ackbar is there any way you could take another side profile pic of your helmet? I realize you took one already but was wondering if it could be taken a little bit further way to prevent lens distortion. Just wondering, sorry to be a pain!

I’ll try to get one for you when I get home. The lighting in that room isn’t the greatest, so I’ll see if I can find a better place to take one for you.

On the bright side I have no problem whatsoever getting the helmet on my 24.5 inch head. It's actually more roomy than I expected. My head isn't very wide though.

I've contacted him about the crack. I'd be happy to receive just a new faceplate to replace this one instead of a whole new helmet. It's a pretty easy fix to glue it from the inside, but I really shouldn't have to.

IMG_20200421_170740.jpg

That’s really unfortunate. I’m going to fix mine, but you’re right. We shouldn’t have to fix these issues, or get replacements. They’re a small operation, so I give them a little more slack than usual. Hopefully a little quality control in the future will shore things up.

At first I thought the bolt on the snout was tightened too much, but it seems to me it happened in shipping. When the helmet is closed shut and packaged tightly, the dome was pushed against the face, creating outward pressure.

At first I thought the bolt on the snout was tightened too much, but it seems to me it happened in shipping. When the helmet is closed shut and packaged tightly, the dome was pushed against the face, creating outward pressure.

That sounds like the box is too small.

On the bright side I have no problem whatsoever getting the helmet on my 24.5 inch head. It's actually more roomy than I expected. My head isn't very wide though.

I've contacted him about the crack. I'd be happy to receive just a new faceplate to replace this one instead of a whole new helmet. It's a pretty easy fix to glue it from the inside, but I really shouldn't have to.

View attachment 1289199
If you do get another full helmet replacement, I'd gladly buy that cracked one off of you :lol:

If you do get another full helmet replacement, I'd gladly buy that cracked one off of you :lol:
I just got a small partial refund and a repair kit. I ended up fixing it. I just need to sand and repaint the area with a better matching paint.

Another thing that wasn't great is the snout extended too far below the chin (maybe 1/5 of an inch). It also didn't sit evenly flat as it was raised towards one side.

IMG_20200422_190555.jpgIMG_20200421_200205__01__01.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like they've increased the prices recently.

If anyone is looking to order one, they've announced on social media that if the helmets are out of stock you can reserve a spot for when they open orders back up again.

I just received the White Shadow liner today. Here's how it fits inside:

IMG_20200502_151636.jpg

I’m really tempted by this Scout trooper helmet by newimageprop.
Can’t afford a RS or EFX so this one looks really sweet.
Wonder if Hasbro will produce it. After their great BS stormie and boba, it would be a great addition.
Don’t know if it’s a long run from newimage or a one shot?

As far as I know, New Image has been selling them for a few years. I think they just take them off their website so they can keep up with the orders they receive. You shouldn’t worry about NI stopping production on them.

It’s a much better business model than say Anovos, who takes orders for products they know they can’t deliver in a reasonable amount of time.

I hope I’ll be understood by everyone, I’m French, English is not my language...

Thanks for your answer Ackbar!
yeah for sure it is much better business model than Anovos.
Maybe if I knew NI prop earlier, I would have bought my stormtrooper from him instead of Hasbro but for the price I was able to buy a stormie and a boba helmets. And I have to admit that except their awful Vader, Hasbro made very convincing helmets for a price defying all competition...

Vader is my favorite character in the saga, so I made a real financial effort to get something really good, a Quasi V2.
Even if it’s not licensed or 100% accurate or does not get a « cast lineage », it sweats Vader and I love the passion Mac and Paul put in.

Don’t know if Hasbro is thinking to produce the Scout Trooper, but as it is my second favorite helmet design, I can accept to pay twice the price to have something partially in resin and above all it is always satisfying to give my money to an European small prop rather than a big Chinese company...

Wait for the unbeatable accuracy/price from Hasbro that will maybe never be produced or jump on the cool and more expensive but still affordable NI...?

decisions, decisions...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back