New Hulk movie possible for 2015

well, they are bound to get it right some day :D saw this yesterday, and people seem to think ruffalo is a good hulk, i have yet to see the avengers, but i have to wait till next tuesday :/

Ruffalo is easily the highlight of the Avengers Movie and his characterization is perfect IMHO - he underplays Banner to the point he's funny and interesting to watch in every scene and his Hulk has the virtue of looking like him so he's believable as both persona's. A Hulk movie with Ruffalo and the right director would be a gift...

I'm really feeling this even from just the trailers. I actually really like Ed norton. The movie was good. The new guy is... Just more Dr. Banner to me...

Comics and tv show... Just kinda fits!

Ruffalo is easily the highlight of the Avengers Movie and his characterization is perfect IMHO - he underplays Banner to the point he's funny and interesting to watch in every scene and his Hulk has the virtue of looking like him so he's believable as both persona's. A Hulk movie with Ruffalo and the right director would be a gift...

Last edited:
I actually think, after having enjoyed the Norton film, and been bored ****less by the Ang Lee one (ugh), that the Hulk works better on film as an ensemble character.

Yeah, I think it's always going to be hard to have a Hulk film, because you can't necessarily root for him as a hero. Maybe they're planning towards World War Hulk, or a Civil War movie?

WWH could tie nicely into the cosmic aspect being brought to the Marvel flicks, but the question is how would they logically find a way to outcast the Hulk into one of the other realms? Don't read this if you haven't watched The Avengers yet, but I mean, they could always
bring back the tesseract from Asgard and transport him that way, but I don't see why Banner would become such a danger to the Earth in such a short time frame, especially since he finally learned how to (partially) control the Hulk.

Your right. They could always end with the third installment of the Avengers alluding to Hulk becoming an unstable force that needs to be stopped at all cost. Now that would be awesome to see. That comic was epic.

I just really want them to bring in the madder he get the bigger he gets idea.

Show him in some super slugfest where he grows as the scene progresses.

...and he needs to toss around some more tanks.

That was the best part of the Ang Lee film.

There's a story up on yahoo now saying Ruffalo had to sign a six film deal to get the part. So, one down, 5 to go. You know there's an Avenger's 2 that's 100% now that the first one is so damn good and just raking it in at the moment (80.5 yesterday alone), so there's 2. Can't see them just tossing him in the others for the heck of it. Gotta think they're planning long term and hoping for 3 or 4 avengers and 2 or 3 Hulk movies. Though, if his next appearance is 2015, Ruffalo's gonna be a bit old to fullfill six flicks worth.

Couldn't have said it better. I'm not a Hulk fan and Banner/Hulk stole the show.

I actually think, after having enjoyed the Norton film, and been bored ****less by the Ang Lee one (ugh), that the Hulk works better on film as an ensemble character.
A good friend of mine said exactly the same thing. He saw The Avengers Thursday/Friday at a midnight showing, and felt the Hulk simply works better in small doses.

Personally, I think Marvel was in too big a hurry to get The Avengers in theaters. I'd rather they waited until they'd done at least one sequel to Captain America and Thor, and done a good Hulk movie first; I realize my opinion is probably in the minority.

All things being what they are, I look forward to seeing another Hulk movie primarily because I don't think either of the two previous movies got it quite right. In Ang Lee's Hulk the origin story involving Banner's father was preposterous and Eric Bana was horribly miscast, but I thought the scenes featuring the Hulk were very much in keeping with what I recall reading in the comics in the 70s. Conversely, in Louis Letterier's The Incredible Hulk Edward Norton and the live cast were very good, but the CGI was horrid "video game" quality at best. Somewhere between the two was a good movie; maybe the cast and crew of the next Hulk movie will take their cues from The Avengers and get it right.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back