New Hot Toys Releases

FAA lol!

Special shipping instructions:
- Class 2 commercial pilots license required.

- Vehicle registers as MK5a Predator-Class Drone, Demilitarized.
"

^Thanks for re-posting!

the-bat-model-box-600x390.jpg

the-bat-model-hot-toys-600x333.jpg
'Frah- Jee- Lay......'

images

Yeah, there were rumors it would become a production piece. Although I would love to have one, If I bought one, I would have to live in the box it came in :p

QUIT WITH THE IRON MAN DAMNIT. Hot Toys is probably setting a trap: whoever buys EVERY Iron Man figure will be shown on TV and exposed for having way too much money and not knowing what to do with it

Give me James Bond

You know...it just occurred to me that having all these different suits might just be a means to an end for improving marketing and sales of movie related products - after-all, it about quadrupled the number of action figures, deluxe statues, busts, etc...that can be licensed out to be sold...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it wasn't a smart business idea, but seriously, who could afford all those anyway?

You know...it just occurred to me that having all these different suits might just be a means to an end for improving marketing and sales of movie related products - after-all, it about quadrupled the number of action figures, deluxe statues, busts, etc...that can be licensed out to be sold...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it wasn't a smart business idea, but seriously, who could afford all those anyway?

It's probably more about expanding on a successful franchise. While I agree that it may be diluting the whole thing, it's not much different from what LFL has done to star wars. As for the iron man suits that they are doing, I can understand why they are going all out this time; there are so many suit variants..it's to try and appeal to a wider group of people. One person may prefer a suit over another, such as myself, as I posted earlier that I'd like to see an Igor figure...lo and behold, they're coming out with one now.

It's marketing and trying to make money, when it comes down to it...

QUIT WITH THE IRON MAN DAMNIT. Hot Toys is probably setting a trap: whoever buys EVERY Iron Man figure will be shown on TV and exposed for having way too much money and not knowing what to do with it

Give me James Bond

Agreed. I have enough Iron Man stuff and thirst for other subjects of interest. But I guess they are sitting on a money machine with that license.

Agreed. I have enough Iron Man stuff and thirst for other subjects of interest. But I guess they are sitting on a money machine with that license.

Good point. They've probably got a cash cow with that license, and they know it.......maybe they got Marvel to agree to more, because it's basically the same character over and over.....or got trapped because they signed a contract to produce for each new movie.

But I want more Batman. WTF Hot Toys!!

........Although the Batmobiles are killing me..........

So they did put out the WM Mk2 about a week ago, though still not available to order stateside, not sure what's up with that.

50121.jpg

What's turning me off from ordering some of the IM3 Hot Toys is... screen time! I wanted the Gemini and WM figures, the former is shown for maybe 1 second in the group arrival shot, and the latter isn't even in the movie! To add insult to injury, the suits that aren't named Mk42 or Iron Patriot that DID get the most screen time (relatively speaking) - Silver Centurion, Nightclub, and Shotgun - aren't even announced on HT's pipeline yet. Granted Red Snapper, Heartbreaker, and Igor did get some screentime but nothing that made me go - Wow! I gotta get that figure!

I know it's not HT's fault but clearly the lack of screen time on many of the suits that were revealed in the ad campaign is going to hurt the toy licensees.

Attachments

• 50121.jpg
    50121.jpg
    436.9 KB · Views: 69
WM Mk2 isn't up for preorder yet for anyone

It's available for PO in Asia - Singapore, Thailand, and HK I believe. A couple random stores are starting to have it trickle in for PO but I've never heard of those retailers and would rather wait and see with the guys I normally order from.

Anyone know if Hot Toys or Sideshow have any plans for some Game of Thrones/ASOIAF figures? I need something to go with my 14" Iron Throne. Perfect scale for a 1/6 figure.

BJoHDB4CYAE0kCP.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back