New hero Iron man prop from Iron man 2

streetjudge79

Master Member
just picked this up from Propstore of London. Had the display case made for it after I purchased it.

file_zps12931ef5.jpg

Love Sam Rockwell and loved him as Justin Hammer! Congrats on the glasses - your display is a great showcase!

I'd like to get more things framed, but my condo walls don't lend themselves to have things hung on them. :cry

dumb question but,
how come everything used by actors is called "hero" no matter the object?
i dont get that

dumb question but,
how come everything used by actors is called "hero" no matter the object?
i dont get that

Don't quote me, but as I understand it based on cars used in films, the 'hero' car is usually the one that's kept in pristine condition and used for sexy close ups and the replicas (i think called B-cars maybe?) of the hero car are the ones that get driven hard and wrecked often.

So for example, Dukes of Hazzard: Hero car shot -> car chase where B car gets chased and smashed -> Hero car shows up after looking perfect.

So maybe a 'hero' prop is the one that is kept in good condition to maintain continuity throughout the film.

Oh oh this one I can answer....
A Hero prop is a prop made specifically for close ups on film.
It doesn't necessarily have pristine upkeep, some up close props
are beat up cause they get done so in the film.
These will usually have lights, or bling, that a stunt prop will
not.

A Stunt prop is one that is in the background, and no close ups,
so it will have less detail, maybe made of foam etc.

The Terms Hero, and stunt, do not refer to who is using the item
what so ever.

Scrap Droids ,is essentially correct a 'hero' prop is or can be anything the lead actor(s) handle, use, sit in, operate, wear in a main scene eg Indy's bull whip , Batman's suit, M41a pulse rifle , Deckard's paper, Bonds little Nellie etc etc , stunt props are similar to hero , but built to withstand the rigors of filming a scene where the props is really manhandled , say a fight scene or a crash or an explosion etc.. etc a background prop is one used to to support the action , eg police men in a chase - their guns would be cast non working or weapons on a rack, or papers on a table or book in a library almost absolutely anything

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back