New Hasbro Toy Lightsabers

You’re kidding me?!? Now I’ve seen people who order from EE and BBTS get theirs way before the hasbro pulse orders!?

Wonder why you didn’t get yours from the first batch?

This is why I was so disgusted with hasbro, I figured order from the source and get it first. Was certainly not the case
Hasbro always fulfills shipments for retailers before individual customers. Trick or Treat Studios does the same thing. It's common practice. Almost every time I've pre-ordered right away from either of them, I'll see people get their stuff first from third party retailers. My Darksaber arrived from GameStop like 3 months ago.

Hasbro always fulfills shipments for retailers before individual customers. Trick or Treat Studios does the same thing. It's common practice. Almost every time I've pre-ordered right away from either of them, I'll see people get their stuff first from third party retailers. My Darksaber arrived from GameStop like 3 months ago.
Yeah I think next time I’m going to do the same..

Entertainment Earth still has a shipping date of November but Amazon has May 4, 2022. Honestly I would be surprised if they came out in November. Whenever the Black Series items are announced, there is usually about 6 to 12 months gap till release.

The best indicator is when you start seeing Youtube videos show up by people oversees or those who get special early access so they can review an item. Usually when those videos start showing up, the release is soon.
MJF you mentioned you wanted to see certain things on the black series dark saber?

It just got delivered tonight and I plan on unboxing it and doing a video review, anything special you want me to show or go into detail over?

After Disney cancelled my order, I ended up finding it for the same price on Amazon. Got it months ago.

I'm happy I found it, but still disgusted that 3rd parties have it months before pre orders.

and it's decent. Not amazing. Good weight, but not a fan of how the stand hides part of the bottom. Also the blade is super annoying to remove and put back in. I'd say it's worth the money, but as usual, there will probably be better fan made out there.

After Disney cancelled my order, I ended up finding it for the same price on Amazon. Got it months ago.

I'm happy I found it, but still disgusted that 3rd parties have it months before pre orders.

and it's decent. Not amazing. Good weight, but not a fan of how the stand hides part of the bottom. Also the blade is super annoying to remove and put back in. I'd say it's worth the money, but as usual, there will probably be better fan made out there.
Right there with ya on the pre order…

MJF you mentioned you wanted to see certain things on the black series dark saber?

It just got delivered tonight and I plan on unboxing it and doing a video review, anything special you want me to show or go into detail over?
Nothing special. Just interested in what you think. I watched unboxing of this item a couple months ago and their initial reaction was unimpressed it the BS Darksaber.

Nothing special. Just interested in what you think. I watched unboxing of this item a couple months ago and their initial reaction was unimpressed it the BS Darksaber.
save your money MJF... I just opened it, pretty sure my blade has a busted LED... the black paint on the grip section not matching the emitter or pommel is a turn off.. the speaker is so soft, it actually sounds louder when on video. in person its whisper quiet just like all the YouTubers have said..

i believe the actual hilt/handle is fatter then it should be... no d ring, the blade is weak, flops around, and was kind of let down they couldn't even include a black lightning sticker...

idk... i have a 30min video of me talking about it, and all i can come up with is negative things.. i really dont like making videos this negative.. idk if im going to even edit it or just delete it all..

the stand is amazing, im not even joking. i love the stand setup, cant use the stand if you add a custom d ring to it though

hilt weights 2lbs 5.5oz its SUPER heavy. i was going to recommend for trooping or cosplay but its just too damn heavy for the belt... 3d print belt hanger would be the way to go

its all cast aluminum parts which always sound hollow to me when tapped on something. the edges are real soft all over the place which i think takes away most of the design...

does everyone else have 11732 written on the pommel? im going through my reference.. where on earth did they get this pommel design from?

save your money MJF... I just opened it, pretty sure my blade has a busted LED... the black paint on the grip section not matching the emitter or pommel is a turn off.. the speaker is so soft, it actually sounds louder when on video. in person its whisper quiet just like all the YouTubers have said..

i believe the actual hilt/handle is fatter then it should be... no d ring, the blade is weak, flops around, and was kind of let down they couldn't even include a black lightning sticker...

idk... i have a 30min video of me talking about it, and all i can come up with is negative things.. i really dont like making videos this negative.. idk if im going to even edit it or just delete it all..

the stand is amazing, im not even joking. i love the stand setup, cant use the stand if you add a custom d ring to it though

hilt weights 2lbs 5.5oz its SUPER heavy. i was going to recommend for trooping or cosplay but its just too damn heavy for the belt... 3d print belt hanger would be the way to go

its all cast aluminum parts which always sound hollow to me when tapped on something. the edges are real soft all over the place which i think takes away most of the design...

IMHO, I find you to be generally positive and open minded and willing to look for the silver lining in most situations. So I think it says a lot about this product that found it hard to find positive things to say. Therefore I think you should post your video because it would be helpful for those people ho view your videos to make purchases. After all, it was your video that convinced me to get the Starkiller Leia hilt.

I'm pretty happy with mine, but I definitely get why so many people feel let down about it. Honestly my biggest gripe is that the LED's don't have any kind of pulsing animation.

IMHO, I find you to be generally positive and open minded and willing to look for the silver lining in most situations. So I think it says a lot about this product that found it hard to find positive things to say. Therefore I think you should post your video because it would be helpful for those people ho view your videos to make purchases. After all, it was your video that convinced me to get the Starkiller Leia hilt.
I’m going to shoot some B footage tonight then, wicked disappointed my blade has a burned out LED as well.. idk.. like I say in the video

“If I saw this in person, I wouldn’t have bought it”

Like when I saw the darksaber at dok’s.. I was like wth?!

I’m going to shoot some B footage tonight then, wicked disappointed my blade has a burned out LED as well.. idk.. like I say in the video

“If I saw this in person, I wouldn’t have bought it”

Like when I saw the darksaber at dok’s.. I was like wth?!
Based on what you’re saying, and my two cents, you should send it in a for a refund.

Based on what you’re saying, and my two cents, you should send it in a for a refund.
just finished editing the video, just need to upload it. i sent hasbro a message just now, filled out their complaint form. see where this goes... they claim to have a 90 day return policy, luckily enough i opened it up all on film so i have the proof i didn't hit this thing up against a pole..

here's the led
broken led.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back