Suggestion New Filters for the Prop & Costume Forums

Mr. No Stripes

Sr Member
I kinda mentioned this before in another thread, but with registration being opened up, it seems the issue is a bit more prominent. The forum is becoming very crowded. I think we should add filters (kinda like the FS, FS/T in the JY) that have movie titles (or series) as the filter. I think it would just be easier to find stuff you'd be interested in.

Categories could be, but wouldn't be limited to

Star Wars
Star Trek
Indiana Jones
DC (Batman)
Marvel (Iron Man)
Jurassic Park
Disney (Pirates)
Video Games (Halo, COD4 etc.)
Other

I think that hits the main ones, but there are probably some I missed

It would also be cool if there were icons or small banners for these instead of just letters.

I think 2 categories would be easier
1. Star Wars
2. Stuff I don't care about.

I keed I keed
sounds like a decent enough idea. Might be difficult to pull off though.
This forum is pretty resistant to change.

Already working on it... but... (and here comes the broken record) it probably won't be implemented until after we have moved to the new software. We are actually working on a very comprehensive plan for this and will probably run a pilot program in one of the smaller forums (most likely one of the modeling forums) before implementing it board wide.

Your suggestions aren't falling on deaf ears.

Already working on it... but... (and here comes the broken record) it probably won't be implemented until after we have moved to the new software. We are actually working on a very comprehensive plan for this and will probably run a pilot program in one of the smaller forums (most likely one of the modeling forums) before implementing it board wide.

Your suggestions aren't falling on deaf ears.

cool,
thanks ART

I just thought I'd make a new thread for it since when I recommended it before it was on a thread on a completely different topic. thanks again for your efforts :):thumbsup

I think 2 categories would be easier
1. Star Wars
2. Stuff I don't care about.

I keed I keed
sounds like a decent enough idea. Might be difficult to pull off though.
This forum is pretty resistant to change.
Geez, a bit biased aren't we.:unsure
There should probably be at least 3 sections for the most discussed/made type of props. Such as Star Wars, Star Trek, Ghostbusters, Dr. Who.

Last edited:
We are still working it out but it will be movie based moreso than broad categories... This is likely to be a trial and error test until we get something that works for the site.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back