New Doctor Who Replica Items Announced

They look cool, but I can't recall seeing them in the show. Was the personal TARDIS from The Doctor's Wife?

I read somewhere they were not confirmed items from the upcoming season, but I find it hard to believe they would go through the trouble to make so called replicas of something not in the show unless they are from the books (present or future)?

I really like the look of some of it, but I really do hope they are not going to write these items into a show just because they were shown at a toy show. I just have mixed feelings about these items, so I try not to think about them.

I guess we can consider this a teaser for Series 7.
If that's the case, very cool! I like the designs of all the items, especially that new sonic.

Just an FYI, these items are from the Adventure Games that you download on the PC. I've got all 4, but have only played the first one. In it the Doctor sends Amy to retrieve bits of Cybermen & Daleks to build a weapon to stop a Dalek invasion.

I know the big push for DW stuff this year was some sort of "Augmented Reality" angle that really played up the high-tech side of toys. After seeing the gun I think these are basically fun "advertisments" aimed at kids to generate intrest in the games.

Moffat has been adamant from the get-go that the games are canon as far as he's concerned, so I guess it makes sense that the games will get a toy push, too.

Being a big TARDIS fan, I have to say that the personal TARDIS looks pretty sweet.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back