New direction for my predator armor - Updated Aug 5th

JaggerWolf

So after getting my whole costume on I wasnt happy with the latex shin armor, it didn't cover my whole lower leg from above knee to ankle and it kept sliding down. So I have decided to make a suit of leather armor for my predator starting with the shin armor - I also have the shoulder armor cut out and ready to rivet together and should have pics within a few days if I get the time to get it together.

If I have enough leather I will be making gauntlets, hip armor to complete the belt, and a chest piece that will cover half the chest.

Heres what I have so far:

leatherarmor1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
JaggerWolf

Leather for armor is an excellent choice, its light, stays put, and generally can take a beating....

I'm partial to it myself ;)

Where did you buy the leather, I got mine at Tandy Leather

---
Ei'luj

not to be an ass, but I'd consider trimming the size on those ... it sort of might possibly under certain circumstances look like hooker boots... ;) but maybe that's just me..

HAHAHAHAHHAHA Hooker boots, Nice ;)

Yes I plan on adding color to all the armor once its done - I will be sticking with the black/red that the belt has, plus it will have leather peices added to give it some depth.

Ok here is the shoulder, chest and back armor so far - yes you may have noticed I have cut the arms off my suit, they had very little movement to them - and because of that the latex was beginning to tear everytime I wanted to raise my arms. I will be hopefully latexing in some elastic material that will allow alot more movement to the arms.

All thats left is the hip armor, then I am going to maybe try my hand at a pair of leather gauntlets that will house my blades.

shoulderchest.jpg

shoulderback.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back