New Bio sculpt

I had nothing to do today so I redrew this again. Hoses or wires - they both look good. I didn't know if the two views would help you in your sculpting process...not that I want you to change your sculpt - I just felt inspired to draw it again from a portrait and head on view. If these drawings help - great. If not - no worries. Feel free to use artistic license where ever you like...

Sorry for the poor quality, but I'm having difficulty getting Windows 7 drivers for my HP scanner.

actually that will help alot. i had to guess for some stuff. it's nice to see how you envisioned it from different angles. i had a feeling that the center mouth piece should stick out some. i just hadn't gotten there yet.

thanks Jason. looks great. oh and ps, you need to name this sucker.

I was trying to visualize it in my head and I really don't know if the mouth would actually stick out or not. Aesthetically I think it looks better that way but realistically I don't know how feasible it is. It might work better flush with the outer mouth part or stick out just a little bit...not sure.

The rounded sides remind me of gills, but if I were to make the rounded jawline more pointy it would have a more menacing look to it? I'll draw a quick idea later today to show you.

Name? No idea. The symbol on the lid looks like a flame. Blaze or Pyro? The two long mouth thingies remind me a bit of General Grievous' mouth, and yet it has a Viking look to it as well. Maybe some other people have suggestions for the name?

Ok one more drawing...then I'm done revising lol!

IMG00071-20100129-15071.jpg

Two changes: the hose on the side is more integrated with the Bio, and the side of the jawline is spikey and more bad ass looking.

xdmray - at this point I have made so many revisions that you can still choose to sculpt this however you like...I just thought I would throw some more ideas out there. My mind makes changes on the fly and I try to keep up lol!

Ok one more drawing...then I'm done revising lol!

Two changes: the hose on the side is more integrated with the Bio, and the side of the jawline is spikey and more bad ass looking.

xdmray - at this point I have made so many revisions that you can still choose to sculpt this however you like...I just thought I would throw some more ideas out there. My mind makes changes on the fly and I try to keep up lol!

this one would deffinitly be called Pyro. i think i'll stick with the rounded cheeks. your original drawing is what really struck me. still a killer revision though.

i'm in my working week now so i probably won't get back to this until wed or so. that's why i was trying to get as much done as i did.

I had nothing to do today so I redrew this again. Hoses or wires - they both look good. I didn't know if the two views would help you in your sculpting process...not that I want you to change your sculpt - I just felt inspired to draw it again from a portrait and head on view. If these drawings help - great. If not - no worries. Feel free to use artistic license where ever you like...
Flames_01_2010.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality, but I'm having difficulty getting Windows 7 drivers for my HP scanner.
that side view reminds me alot of a stormtrooper as far as the mouth goes. I like this design alot!!! Like the hoses too! lookin foward to seeing this in resin! :eek:

Flames_01_2010.jpg

more work done. i still see some symmetry issues:
1. the brow
2. the crown in the back on the pictures left side
3. the hose on the pictures left needs pushed in as well

any one see anything else i need to address?

DSCN6517.jpg

DSCN6518.jpg

DSCN6519.jpg

DSCN6520.jpg

DSCN6521.jpg

DSCN6522.jpg

DSCN6517.jpg

DSCN6518.jpg

DSCN6519.jpg

DSCN6520.jpg

DSCN6521.jpg

DSCN6522.jpg

Looking good! On the mouth area, right side (looking at it), it looks to have a hard curve/kick in it. Might be me though.

Looking good! On the mouth area, right side (looking at it), it looks to have a hard curve/kick in it. Might be me though.

You are right, the right side has a bit more curve to it then the left, I actually prefer the more curve then the flat left. The left side has overall more flat/straighter lines then the right side on the whole sculpt. Left cheek needs to be a bit thicker. Other then that its really coming along great. ;) Good luck with it!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back