New 1:6 SAMURAI PREDATOR from Hot Toys/Takeya

sabres21768

Coming from Hot Toys and Takayuki Takeya...

"Hot Toys is more than happy to present the first artist collaboration project with celebrated ___anese artists Mr. Takayuki Takeya (竹谷隆之) & Mr. Yuji Oniki (鬼木祐二) to bring their unique design and sculpture to the 1/6th scale collectible world.

This Samurai Predator is proudly designed and painted by Mr Takayuki Takeya (竹谷隆之) and specially sculpted by Mr. Yuji Oniki (鬼木祐二), which will be firstly unveiled in the Ani-Com & Games event in Hong Kong for preview from 29th July to 2nd August!

Fans, please visit our specially designed America Theatre themed booth (booth # F18-22, 27-31) at Ani-Com Hong Kong to check out our exciting exhibits and products! Stay tuned with us for more update on our Ani-Com event tomorrow!"

Last edited by a moderator:
MMM not sur eon thsi one myself.
while I like the takeya concepts andstatues I don't like the big Jim carey "the mask" teeth. That's something that has always bothered me.
Barring a kick ass samurai Suit I don't think I'll be picking this one up. I don't like the gaunt already and it's only a peek.
To me it seems like a hybrid of Narin and takeya gaunt sculpts/armor of previous sculpts.
Thanks for the pics Sabes! :rolleyes:

Seems this is starting out as a special diorama for the con, the 1:6 figure will be shown later.

"This 1/6th scale Samurai Predator diorama project is proudly designed and painted by Mr Takayuki Takeya (竹谷隆之) and specially sculpted by Mr. Yuji Oniki (鬼木祐二), which will be firstly unveiled in the Ani-Com & Games event in Hong Kong for preview from 29th July to 2nd August! The 1/6th scale collectible figure which is inspired by this diorama project will be announced later. Stay tuned!"

Here's the dio...

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this one online.

Screenshot2011-07-27at95312AM.png

Looks bad ass to me. He obviously is not traditional "Predator", which lowers my view of the piece, but I still think it looks bad ass :rolleyes:

Holly molly! **** loads of pooh! This is the one I've been waiting for. God! this is it. I honestly cant express myself. Words are just not enough I hope they raise the bar and make it 1:4 scale. Wow! you blew mw away with this hot toys. Somebody hit me hard.

Holly molly! **** loads of pooh! This is the one I've been waiting for. God! this is it. I honestly cant express myself. Words are just not enough I hope they raise the bar and make it 1:4 scale. Wow! you blew mw away with this hot toys. Somebody hit me hard.

BAM!!! Kiddin here bro. Hehe. The lumps on his head turns me off, but I would like to see a closer look at that bio. Cause I think that will redeem the look of this hunter IMO.

They should have called it something else. Not a samurai Pred.
Hate the look of his mouth,forehead,gaunlets and shoulder armor. he looks more like a mongolian pred to me.
Shame because takeya being japanese should be right at home sculpting the armor of his ancestors. Also the base seems to be regurgitated from other past statues of his.
Now before any of you say: well it can't be like a samurai to the T.
Then don't call him that!
Look at Robs designs, they're more samurai than this figure IMHO
I will pass on this one. :rolleyes:

Seems like I'm the only one digging this guy. I really like the take on his head and armour it's like a crossbreed between halos elite and predators hehe. :rolleyes:

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back