New 1:6 SAMURAI PREDATOR from Hot Toys/Takeya

Seems like I'm the only one digging this guy. I really like the take on his head and armour it's like a crossbreed between halos elite and predators hehe. :rolleyes:

Count me in bro, I like samurai very much and I'm diggin this guy also well except for the jelly beans on his forehead. Lol. With the kabuto style bio on, he looks awesome!

New pic...

Samurai222713mjog5002u7buo2hh.jpg

Seems this is starting out as a special diorama for the con, the 1:6 figure will be shown later.

"This 1/6th scale Samurai Predator diorama project is proudly designed and painted by Mr Takayuki Takeya (竹谷隆之) and specially sculpted by Mr. Yuji Oniki (鬼木祐二), which will be firstly unveiled in the Ani-Com & Games event in Hong Kong for preview from 29th July to 2nd August! The 1/6th scale collectible figure which is inspired by this diorama project will be announced later. Stay tuned!"
So this is just the inspiration for the actual figure? Woah! I'm sure the actual figs gonna be even more cooler. I hope it come with a base just like that.

Want to see the figure, then will give my opinion. From the statue I like it, wouldn't mind having it in the collection. I do like the gauntlet and bio though from what I can see, Armor is ok...

dont really like this one...
its a step in the right direction, going into new predator mytho's and styles, but i'll skip this one unless the price is VERY reasonable

Now, if they fix the Brain on it's dome and is actually going to be a figure (wonder what company?), then I may have to consider dropping some bones.

I like that the armor is very "samurai-ish" yet it retains the gladiatorial style of the classic predator. What seems odd to me is the complete lack of spots on its skin (rather unpredatory imho).

Thanks a lot for the pictures, Sabres!

Not really a fan of Predator's without netting, there are some exceptions of course. This looks good though, very cool armor and mask.

Man... if they would fix the dome it would be soo much more cooler than how frikkin' cool it is now.

That Bio is very attractive and I am digging the armor. But, as stated by others, no netting.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back