Nerf Scout Trooper Blaster Repaint

This is still in stock on Target’s website/app. You can use the link to check local stock as well. I saw them on clearance at a local store earlier this week.

grabbed 2 just now, thank you!!!

Still no idea what the mando scouts used for blasters?

94CE5ECB-E94B-47D3-A90D-0C025B06475C.jpeg

Be careful with this seller. I had this on my watch list until I looked at their feedback. :oops: 18 negatives in the last month. Not good.

Edit: Okay, I just bought one for $24 from an evilBay seller with 100% positive feedback. I give it 50/50 odds that instead of the blaster I'll get an e-mail saying he can't find it and has to refund my payment. :oops:
Or, maybe not. I've been with evilBay a LONG time, and I've never seen this before. The moment my payment cleared the auction listing changed to make it appear as if the seller was selling pre-wired LEDs, not a Nerf gun. :cautious: Tracking says it'll be a week or two before I receive whatever they shipped me, so...

If I pick one up I want to modify it, it is possibly to remove the trigger?

Unless NERF has decided to do something really odd with this, the body is two halves held together with screws. Unscrew it, take out all the bits you don't want, screw it back together. Of course, you'll need to fill in the hole. If you really want to go to town you'd want to cut down the handle and replace the trigger guard, too.

Another nice thing about doing this is that you could add weight inside the gun so that when it's all put back together it has some heft to it and doesn't feel quite so much like a hollow piece of plastic.

In universe, does the user press the button on the handle as the trigger?

Obviously there's no definitive answer because there's no functional mechanisim in the prop for us to see in operation. (Contrast with an E-11, some of which where actually functional and we can see actors pulling the trigger.)

My personal opinion is that an "in universe" EC-17 has a normal trigger, because otherwise the "trigger guard" makes no sense, and this was simply left off the prop for easier building and on the theory that no-one would be able to see there was no trigger when the actor had his hand on the grip anyway.

Wookiepedia claims it has a "pressure sensitive grip" which doesn't preclude the button being part of the trigger. In my opinion, though, either squeezing the grip or pushing that button is the sort of accident-waiting-to-happen that no military would ever adopt. This feels like the sort of thing WEG used to come up with for their role-playing game, and so much of what they created shows a complete lack of understanding of both basic economics and military logistics.

Obviously there's no definitive answer because there's no functional mechanisim in the prop for us to see in operation. (Contrast with an E-11, some of which where actually functional and we can see actors pulling the trigger.)

My personal opinion is that an "in universe" EC-17 has a normal trigger, because otherwise the "trigger guard" makes no sense, and this was simply left off the prop for easier building and on the theory that no-one would be able to see there was no trigger when the actor had his hand on the grip anyway.

Wookiepedia claims it has a "pressure sensitive grip" which doesn't preclude the button being part of the trigger. In my opinion, though, either squeezing the grip or pushing that button is the sort of accident-waiting-to-happen that no military would ever adopt. This feels like the sort of thing WEG used to come up with for their role-playing game, and so much of what they created shows a complete lack of understanding of both basic economics and military logistics.

Well said. I've ordered one off Hasbro Toy Shop and when I mod and repaint it, the trigger is staying.

Wookiepedia claims it has a "pressure sensitive grip" which doesn't preclude the button being part of the trigger. In my opinion, though, either squeezing the grip or pushing that button is the sort of accident-waiting-to-happen that no military would ever adopt.
This is the same military organization that doesn’t believe in safety rails so it all tracks.

I think I will split the difference and minimize the trigger but still have one.

So there are some historical rifles and modern weapons that do not have have triggers but instead are thumb operated.

So I was thinking, what if the capacitor on the grip is some sort of firing mechanism?

Not that it matters, but when I'm finished with it I'd like mine to be more prop replica than cosplay item, so I'll most likely eliminate the trigger since the static props didn't have one.

Hmmm, there's a question. I know they had E-11 blasters that were still operational and fired blanks. Were any of the EC-17 operational/firing handguns, or were they all static props with sound and visual effects added in post-production?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back