Nerf Scout Trooper Blaster Repaint

Hi all, update:

I have gone through all the files, and AnubisGuard was kind enough to update those last couple over the last few days that weren't resolving right. They're looking good in ChiTuBox!

1703439417863.png

(These are not final orientations, just quick-and-dirty for analysis.)

We are revisiting the side rails, in hopes that AnubisGuard will be able to finish adapting them to the Nerf blaster. I've shipped off a couple for him to take some measurements and take a stab at a V2.

PXL_20231223_210649768.jpg

My FDM printer is a Voxelab Aquila (first generation), which is only barely suitable for prototyping. I can get sharper resolution if I slow it down a little.
My resin printer is an Elegoo Saturn 2 8K, so I should be able to get some excellent final prints.
The resin itself is Elegoo 8K Space Grey, which, by pairing up brands like this, I'm reducing variables in the settings.

In the meantime, I have a Nerf blaster in the mail on its way, so I will be able to do some fitting on my end as well!

So give us a few weeks as we get clear of the holidays and vacations, and I'll try to keep this thread updated as we make progress.

Thanks all!
Bill

Wow! Thank you all for the help and the revised file. I'm honestly very overwhelmed with my first 3D printer. It's a nothing fancy...a Ender-3 V3 SE 3D Printer. It took me a few tries but I got got some parts that I am happy with. They will take some primer and sanding but I'm underway. :) Thank you again!

Hi all, here's a post-holidays update:
  • AnubisGuard received my mailed prints and has completed an updated rail that he thinks is about 90% there. I need a few days to print and test, then I can show pics!

• I have received a Nerf blaster of my own for test fitting as well.

• AnubisGuard is considering one more part to replace. No promises yet!

• Price for the finished resin-printed kit is looking to be very affordable! I don't want to mention prices until there's Prop Run thread, because no sales or interested parties are being requested yet!

• Prop Run thread will be posted as soon as we have a prototype! Probably still a month-ish off.
Stay tuned, will keep you posted!
Bill

Here's the latest fitting attempt of the left rail:

PXL_20240109_211539316.jpg

So close! I could almost force it on!
AnubisGuard guard should receive the rail by the day after tomorrow, after which more edits to be made!

Also, please don't judge the finished product by the quality of the resin print in the photo at the moment. Although I have been printing at high quality for a year with no issues, I'm overdue for some maintenance (replace the FEP, grease the z-axis, re-level) and re-calibration (exposure times), which I had interrupted to crank out this rail.

Bill

Hi all:

We are overdue for an update. Our dear AnubisGuard has made some significant progress!

This afternoon I will begin test-printing what might be the final version of the side rail. More updates on that in the next couple days.

1706974841384.png

Additionally, AnubisGuard has been working on a new part: a replacement Trigger Guard! His first version was VERY close, so I'll also be test-printing a V2 of that this afternoon.

1706974759348.png

Thanks for you continued patience, and MAJOR thanks to AnubisGuard for his time and diligence. We're getting close!

Bill

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back