NeoRutty's Prop Projects - ANH Stunt Stormtrooper Bucket - Pointers requested?

Re: Finishing my Prop Projects - Parts for Luke Broadsword?!

Look at what I found! This is a very rare 3 bulb heiland flashgun. Instant broadsword! :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426544616.634660.jpg

Roy

www.wannawanga.com

Roy, you may keep the broad sword ... if I can get those bulbs to pop some nice photographs with my intact graflex flashgun ;)

Chaim

I believe someone posted one of those 3 way heilands on the RPF facebook - everyone was complaining in the comments section over ruining flashguns for star wars props...

All I could think was "wait til they see what I'm planning!"

Let's see what YOU do with that... could be fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you already done the version with the bunny ears all on one side? Wait that would look weird, I like what you're doing hahaha

Yup, Roy did up a version...

16837295062_d518af6e21.jpg

I'm liking the forward facing ears... even if they are back, seems dangerous. Guy slams your hilt and the bunny ears hit your hand? nah.

My buddy dropped by from Seattle with a box of parts for me...

Test fitting!

16448060293_8031555342.jpg

... aaaand that's about all I can do until June.

As I stand there admiring it in it's vintage glory, my wife just stares at me like I'm nuts...

17066963662_dc4f878e8b.jpg

I also recieved the parts for the broadsword, thanks thd9791, and will soon start figuring on how to put that all together.

Re: Finishing my Prop Projects - ANM2 Part arrival *drool*

Awesome! Glad they got up there. And I know the feeling...just picked up a sting sword and scabbard and my folks are shaking their heads. I just go

MARIE!!!

Isn't it true that the Vader MPP uses the frosted calc bubbles with the card behind? I'm thinking of seeing if someone doing a Vader wants to trade for clear calc bubbles (AUTHENTIC of course)

Anyone know?

Looks frosted to me...

If anyone wants to trade reading this, drop me a PM!

Damn! I already trimmed mine otherwise I would have done it. The booster looks great though!

Wow nice sabers. Its amazing how nice those sabers look. I cant stop looking at that grenade. Was brushing enough to get that metallic tint?

Wow nice sabers. Its amazing how nice those sabers look. I cant stop looking at that grenade. Was brushing enough to get that metallic tint?

Thanks!

yeah the grenade is just bare steal with the paint removed. It looks pretty cool, but I will likely follow in Teecrooz footsteps and Blue it with chemicals after I'm finished with my move...

Or I think Roman just did one using brass black on the grenade that looked good... or he used something... I'll be bugging him when the time comes.

The pin in the neck of the grenade broke off somehow (no idea) but looks like I'll be able to fix it with the help of a friend of mine who is great with small machining/drilling... and a new metal rod from Teecrooz to replace the piece that came off.

I was going to leave it broken... but I just can't.

But until the move, no further movement on these sabers.

Just figured I'd throw these up here since I had the pics now...

Inspecting the pieces with my buddy, he's of the though that the best route is to go with my original plan, which would require no direct graflex drilling, and using something like this:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/3A-Stainless-Steel-Cross-SS-316-L-304-Welding-Pipe-Tube-Fitting/32259633806.html?tracelog=back_to_detail_b

We would heavily modify to give it a little style, maybe even paint it black so it goes off the black of the T-track... we'll see.

Again, not much I can do until June... but my buddy is testing out options in his shop....

I REALLY don't want destroy vintage parts for this...

Though not sure how that will work if I ever do electronics.

Last edited:
Re: Finishing my Prop Projects - ANM2 / Broadsword Parts arrival

I'm just trying to picture this 'thing' hanging from a D-ring on a black belt :behave

Chaim

I'm just trying to picture this 'thing' hanging from a D-ring on a black belt :behave

Chaim

Vader's hangs emitter end up, correct? May be similar to that. Kobold style D-ring on the back-center of the "cross" .

Indeed Vader's lightsaber hangs emitter end up ... but this monstrosity of a saber makes my neck hairs stand up straight ... whomever came up with that design at ILM/Lucasfilm ... will meet it's maker ... George that is :wacko

Chaim

Broadsword hilt should have a holster on the back of the sword-wielder. Maybe something like the inquisitor from rebels, captain america shield-holster? You could reach the long handle easily over your shoulder.
Just an idea :D

Good call putting pictures up - That looks sick!

Also, less of a curve/gap than I was expecting between the slaves and the main body!

I REALLY don't want destroy vintage parts for this...

Though not sure how that will work if I ever do electronics.

I was just thinking about the + pipe fitting piece. Would it be possible to put a hole in a slave unit for the red button? Then all the slave units would be the same size coming out of the + pipe. Plus you'd have the genuine Graflex top to use elsewhere. Just a thought.

I can't remember, does your bottom tube have stamping? The 5 cell I picked up is blank on the bottom.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back