NeoRutty's Prop Projects - ANH Stunt Stormtrooper Bucket - Pointers requested?

Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects -Obi All Authentic Parts COMPLETE Pic Dump.

Buddy you have everything a single man needs a BIG-ass TV and a Real Parts Obi :D

Haha. The TV was my immature (but awesome) response to my wife shrinking my TV down, step by step, til all I had was sitting in bed with my laptop. I did it to keep the peace as I tried to save my marriage.

Didn't help.

First TV I bought after the fall out was a 50 inch... Then it hit me... "why in the world am I suffering with 50 incher, when I can do whatever I want without getting crap from a wife?"

Returned it and rolled in the 75 inch!

As for the obi... Only funny story is my buddy saw me melting down and offered to take all my props so I didn't throw them in a box, walk into the street and yell "who wants a bunch of crap!!!"

He did this because he heard that's what I did at work with all the stuff in my office. Which was true... but it really was just a bunch of crap*.

*Unless you're a guy who WANTs the blind jedi POP figure from Rogue One...people give me a lot of weird stuff.

As for the obi... Only funny story is my buddy saw me melting down and offered to take all my props so I didn't throw them in a box, walk into the street and yell "who wants a bunch of crap!!!"

LOL!! If you ever need someone to take care of your Obi, I am the next plane out to Canada ;)

I spy the little Kenner Yoda, which for me was the first ever STAR WARS action figure I bought, before I even knew what STAR WARS was ... cool to see it center stage in your new home ... is there a story how you acquired yours, Ellery?

Chaïm

I spy the little Kenner Yoda, which for me was the first ever STAR WARS action figure I bought, before I even knew what STAR WARS was ... cool to see it center stage in your new home ... is there a story how you acquired yours, Ellery?

Chaïm

Ha! Yep. Him and GNK are my faves. I have a little Gonk collection I have yet to make a diorama for, so they're in a shoe box.

Yoda was one of my first... My parents/grandparents had no idea what they were looking at, so I had Yoda, GNK, and like 4 Bib Fortunas.

My friends tried to tell me Yoda was a jedi master, but I didn't believe them. I only saw Jedi at the time, which made me think he was just an old lizard who died.

"Nah he trained Luke!"

"sure he did..."

So yeah, I was always stuck with Yoda and GNK while everyone else had Luke and Han figures.

Nostalgia kills all that. I was at a used toy store a decade ago and saw little Yoda in a ziplock in a bin and grabbed him. Other than my GNK's, he's the only figure I have.

Then it hit me... "why in the world am I suffering with 50 incher, when I can do whatever I want without getting crap from a wife?"

Returned it and rolled in the 75 inch!

That's the spirit!! Good call :)
Welcome back El!

Keep your chin up, I've had my fair share of curve balls lately (which is why I haven't been on here much either) and just keep plugging along. It always seems to work out one way or another, but never as fast as we'd like.

You've inspired me to get my few kenner action figures out that I've saved.

I'd still like to see your prop life, so I'm glad you're back ;)

Alright! So I went through some of my boxes as my dad's been bugging me for a "Rey/Finn" saber to display at his place...

I have two options... I have a Graflex and a Roman's Replica.

One will be a hero, and one will be the Maz box.

So poll time! (seriously just curious which you all would choose...)

Which flash should get made into which.

Graflex for the Hero with Roman's as the Maz box

Or

Roman's for a hero, and the vintage Graflex as the Max box

AND FIGHT! - if there is a way to make a poll, I don't know it.

Hmmmm. I’m not sure which I would do. I’m assuming Roman’s is same weight and everything?
Will there be any permanent/unwindable modificatios done to either?

Hmmmm. I’m not sure which I would do. I’m assuming Roman’s is same weight and everything?
Will there be any permanent/unwindable modificatios done to either?

I'll be drilling the T-tracks into place... and of course the D-ring on back.

However this is now delayed as I have a build right now that's not Star Wars related I want to get done that has taken WAY longer than it was supposed to. I saw a tutorial on building a bat signal by a guy named "Cosplay Chris"... decided to do one for myself and my creative partner but make it a "Shark Signal" for the animated batman parody we do...

His Bat Signal was a one day budget build... but I decided to use his as inspiration and make a much more solid, well constructed version.... and it ate up the last couple of weekends.... and so far is not a budget build AT ALL.

Priorities.

I think after this I'm gonna visit Edraven99 and check out his helmet as reference get my stormtrooper bucket done... That's taking up the most room in my closet right now.

May have seen these a billion times... whatever. Don't care...

LOOKY WHAT SHOWED UP AT MY BUD'S IN SEATTLE!

IMG_9049.JPG

Make an IG88?

Put it over my bar?!

Nah. Gonna make a lamp.

(Don't kill me)

And once again... special thanks to Craiglist where I got this all on my own!

Jokes. Of course it was teecrooz - Not much more needs to be said. His finds are insane... and in turn has kept me sane, giving me many a project to occupy my obsessive need to always be working on something. Many, many thanks.

You should reconstruct a portion of the engine around it. No one has gone that route before.

Of course a cool barroom light woud also be very appealing.

Alright been way too long since I've tooled with anything... so here goes...

THE MONSTROSITY MUST BE FINISHED.

Dragged out all the parts, and will finally put this together.

IMG_9809.jpg

Picked up a Disney Kylo ren saber for 10 bucks JUST so I can add that little bottom piece, sprayed black, to the back end of the 4 cell.

I heard rumors that Rey has a crossguard made up of the Graflex in Ep 9... hahahaha... I hope that rumor is squashed...

Not because it would look ridiculous, but if they have a proper designer in and it looks cool, this is going to look like a horrible replica down the line.

*I wasn't COMPLETELY project-less... made this for the heck of it based on a Batman parody show my company created. "Shark Signal"

IMG_9274.jpg

IMG_9275.jpg

Last edited:
god I forgot I sold you those.. makes me so happy seeing this claymore come to fruition!

YUP. I'll have to head to Seattle to get the grips riveted, but hopefully everything else will get done this weekend!

It's not like I'm scottjua, machining parts for a live fire Han... So dumb it's been sitting this long... it was kind of just a joke...

Though I may secretly love it.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back