needed...USCM Armor pep files

Rikarus

Sr Member
Heard a rumor once upon a time that were some decent USCM pep files, are there and if so would someone be kidn enough to share them with me?

Thanks very much! :)

Last edited:
Let me know if you don't find the good ones... I went on a long quest once to find the good ones and finally emailed a fellow RPF member and he was nice enough to send them to me. Everyplace I found either the bad ones (nintendodude set) or no links. I still have the files if you end up needing them ;)

yeah original was a bust, if one of you would be willing to share I would love to have them!

Thanks very VERY much!

i'd also love to get my hands on these if at all possible! working on USCM armour at the mo and just cut out templates for a barrel build but its going to look terrible.. and then i found this PEP thread! oh.. this will be my first pep build..

hi res and foam please! then i can bin these awful cardboard cut-outs!

What chance do we think I have of getting this done before a party on the 24th when I have a max of around an hour a day free to do this? Who knew babies took up so much time?

Thanks for looking - much appreciated.

For a foam build would foam camping mats work do you think? Cut out, heated and moulded with a heat gun, hot glued together and then if I overlay with some woven fibreglass sheeting and put resin on it? This is my first time so I may need some help! I'm in England so I doubt I'll be able to get my hands on the usual brands I see mentioned - bondo etc..

@fred. i used the best step 4x8 1/4 thick mat. it worked great. mine was double layered to get the detail. it survived a 6-7 hour day of painball flawlessly! ill have to see where i put the foam templates.
Front.jpg

Last edited:
ooooh judge dredd armour to go with the helmet i already have! i was wondering how the hell i might try building these from scratch :)

@fred. i used the best step 4x8 1/4 thick mat. it worked great. mine was double layered to get the detail. it survived a 6-7 hour day of painball flawlessly! ill have to see where i put the foam templates.
Front.jpg
so this is made from two layers of foam? and then i assume once all the bits are cut out you glue it and.. is it fibreglassed at all?
i think i may have just decided to do something i have no idea how to do..
i don't suppose that now i have the foam files (thanks again btw) there is any chance on a step by step guide on doing what you have pictured here is there? :confused

that is the foam in 2 layers using the attached file. which was made from the hi res files. i really didnt like the low res ones much.
the foam files are the ones i attached ont the post above.
all that i can say for making it is measure to your chest width and add 20mm. that will make it tight, but you can adjust that when gluing the straps.
you can see hoe the front is 8 pieces. just draw the templates on the 1/4 foam. not 1/2 inch. so that it makes 1 section for each. hot glue on low temp. edges were cut on a 45 on one side to get the angles for the front. cut out any of the indented pieces and make larger ones to glue in behind the holes. i just did the templates over again and used contact cement. this was a 1 week rush job for a paintball game. so if you want it more movie like, you will have to do a bit more work to the final product.
you should be able to make this out of
3/4 of 4x8ft roll of best step foam floor mat
4 ft of 2" nylon strap
4 ft of 1" nylon strap
3x 1" plastic clips
4x 2" plastic clips
1x contact cement
10x 12x1/2 hot glue

let me know if you need any extra info.

the mat comes in a roll. im in canada. but i have seen it at walmart near the auto section.
link --> floor mat Product #68-1396-2 on canadiantire.ca if the link doesnt work. its easy to spot. here its anywhere from $12-24 a roll

Awesome pep file stash! Thanks for throwing that up. My pulse rifle has been a little lonely. Maybe it finally needs some armor to keep it company. Thanks for the inspiration to start yet another project!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back