Need opinions on my idea, please HELP!

zzeddiezz

hey guys, i just joined this forum, and i already introduced myself, and i am about to start my first suit, and I been thinking really hard, i am going to do the latex idea, but instead of using the mr I suit, i been thiking of using a lycra outfit with the padded arms and leg muscles and for the chest and abs, use something like this

41S-esYle7L._SS500_.jpg

basically just gluing that to the lycra suit and making the leg and arm muscles out of foam, so what do u guys think? good idea? bad? i like the idea of having a sleeker suit, i found the mr I arms too bulky so i dk, thanks for any help guys, this forum is insanely addictive

I don't think I've seen any one actually use one despite the fact that this comes up every once and a while. It's a great idea if it fits in with how your building things.

I'd say that if you're going to make the arm muscles out of foam, why not try to make the chest that way too?

If you don't like the way it come out then you can always cover it up with one of these chest pieces, right?

-just a thought.

I'd say that if you're going to make the arm muscles out of foam, why not try to make the chest that way too? If you don't like the way it come out then you can always cover it up with one of these chest pieces, right?

I was thinking the same thing. I, too, have thought about about going the this route, as opposed to the Mr. I. Foremost, it's cheaper, and I agree the Mr. I suit is bulky. I'm a big guy (Body Builder) as it is, so the Mr. I concept isn't going to work for me, regardless, without making the final product look ridiculously huge (Like the AVPR guys, LOL). Also, you may benefit from keeping all of the muscles the same material, in that it will keep a consistency across the whole suit.

My only concern with using the foam, is tapering all the edges, etc., so it blends into the lycra suit. Now, I haven't searched this idea, yet, (Mainly, because I can't think of what to use as a query) but I'm wondering if you create "muscles" on a duct tape dumy, put the lycra suit over it, and then paint the lycra suit with latex with five layers, will it hold the shape of the underlying shapes. If no one has tried that method, than I will do a very small proof of concept project (Cuz Latex isn't cheap, LOL). Anywho...

Good luck brother! Can't wait to see your progress pics!

i saw threads back, and the member jaded had something about cutting out the muscles on his second suit, but i cant see any of the pictures, does anyone have pictures of suits like that for reference??? mumbaki has exactly what im looking for im looking to make a very similar one to him but with the foam muscles, but i would love to see reference pics, thanks again guys ill soon start with everything.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back