Need help with removing material

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

AmazonChitlin

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all!

I'm working on a Kroenen mask, and I'm stuck. I can't figure out how to remove the material in between the nut and the inside edge of the surrounding part. I've included a picture sothat you can see what I mean. THe part really isn't large.

I'd rather not cut the part into pieces if I don't have to...

Thanks!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Leigh

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm not 100% sure what part you mean, but from your description I'd be thinking along the lines of a small hole saw maybe?
Whats it made of ?? & nice cat pic :)

Nobby

Sr Member
you need a Dremel-type-tool with a small abrasive bit

I take it that the area you want to remove is this (in red):

AmazonChitlin

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thanks Leigh! She's my baby, and I had to slip her in hte picture somehow. hahaha
I'm not sure I'd be able to find a hole saw that small, but I'll definitely look around. Most of the ones I've seen are all for larger holes.

Nobby, That is absolutely correct. Sorry I didn't make that clearer. I'll see if I can't find a bit out there today. By abrasive, do you mean something like this?

Last edited:

Finhead

Sr Member
Those tapered bits don't tend to make a nice job of cutting section out IMO. I would use a straight bit like the #1187 in this pic

AmazonChitlin

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just an update, I purchased the bits, and can't wait for them to get here.

Thanks again, guys!