Need help with removing material

AmazonChitlin

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all!

I'm working on a Kroenen mask, and I'm stuck. I can't figure out how to remove the material in between the nut and the inside edge of the surrounding part. I've included a picture sothat you can see what I mean. THe part really isn't large.

I'd rather not cut the part into pieces if I don't have to...

Thanks!

I'm not 100% sure what part you mean, but from your description I'd be thinking along the lines of a small hole saw maybe?
Whats it made of ?? & nice cat pic :)

you need a Dremel-type-tool with a small abrasive bit

I take it that the area you want to remove is this (in red):
20111230_232655.jpg

Thanks Leigh! She's my baby, and I had to slip her in hte picture somehow. hahaha
I'm not sure I'd be able to find a hole saw that small, but I'll definitely look around. Most of the ones I've seen are all for larger holes.

Nobby, That is absolutely correct. Sorry I didn't make that clearer. I'll see if I can't find a bit out there today. By abrasive, do you mean something like this?

9909.jpg

Last edited:
Those tapered bits don't tend to make a nice job of cutting section out IMO. I would use a straight bit like the #1187 in this pic

1188_1lg.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back