Need Help: Pics of original McDonaldland character costumes

chewbaccadoll

Sr Member
Hey All,

So, I've been wanting to start a few projects, one of which being making some costumes from the McDonaldland characters as seen in the commercials from the 70's. Finding photos, pics, anything has been impossible.

The best I'm come across so far is these two cups I bought off of ebat. One's a tumbler about 8" tall and shows the whole group posing for the picture. The other is a mug with the same picture.

They appear to be pics slid inside and wrapped around the cup between an outer layer of clear acrylic and an inner wall. I've thought about breaking it open and scanning the photo, but I'm afraid of ruining the picture.

Does anyone here have any reference pics or know of somewhere where I can get them? I want to build a few accurate heads at least if not the whole costume.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A search on google should turn up some photos. I found great photos of Grimace's costume that way, I've been wanting to make a Grimace costume for some time now. :lol

Also check out YouTube as they have a lot of the old commercials on there as well.

If your interested and can't find good photos of Grimace, let me know.

Dustin Crops Boy has a Mayor McCheese costume with an original head. Check out his stuff here:

http://monkeyinadryer.com/fun.html

Click on the bottom left picture frame.

DCB is an amazingly nice guy, and I'm sure if you sent him a PM requesting some more info, he'd be more than happy to help anyway he could.

Yep, I saw Dallas' costume today through a search on Flickr... it was great!

Thing is, he made his from a made piece (after much clean up and restoring). I plan to make it from scratch.

Cleverlilminx, I'd love some help with Grimace! And, I have done MANY Google searches and not much has turned up. Those Youtube videos are so poor quality... it's hard to make out much.

Thanks for the replies!

PM me your email address and I'll send over all the Grimace photos I have.

Man I would love to get my hands on the Big Mac mask as well. :lol

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back