Need help - molding questions

Magnetizingprop

I REALLY want to start molding With Bondo,fiberglass resin,ETC. But i dont know how to start or how to do it in general.I need help on how to do it if someone could just explain how to do it that would be Awesome!

Re: Need help

Read this for some of the basics: Amazon.com: The Prop Builder's Molding & Casting Handbook (9781558701281): Thurston James: Books

Then use the advanced search function on the rpf and search for threads with the words Bondo, fiberglass, resin...etc. listed in the title.

Then start reading. Subscribe or save your favorite threads under your Quick Links drop down menu.

You will find what you are looking for and the digging will show you things you never considered. The rpf is amazing.

Have fun!

I REALLY want to start molding With Bondo,fiberglass resin,ETC. But i dont know how to start or how to do it in general.I need help on how to do it if someone could just explain how to do it that would be Awesome!

Also... search Youtube for Ironman or Halo keywords with Helmet and How To. You'll see LOTS of videos that will step you through the process.

Good luck! :thumbsup

The Smooth-on website also has some tutorials I think. If you have time and patience you will find a plethora of information on this topic. Get yourself a doubleshot of espresso and stay up all night on the net. It's what a good researcher does.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back