Need help IDing a part, please- Now with reward money!

Finnlock

Hello,

I have been looking high and low trying to ID this piece of equipment and have been told a number of different things. But, sadly, no one seems to know exactly what it is. SO I turn to you, the good fokes of the RPF in the hope that one of you might know what the hell this thing is and where I can get some of them!

Description: Heavy plastic circular funnel with a 2" lip on one side. Durable molded joints that attach to the drainage spout. Drainage spount rotates about 45 degrees. Spout diameter is about 5 inches across.

387576_10150387533052599_500452598_8386949_852546854_n.jpg

This was seen in a Habitat for Humanity's Restore store. The box it was found in was labeled, Construction Drainage Funnel (Hand written) so I don't know the exact name. But It might be a Dust collection joint of some sort?

An older sales guy at Home depot said it looked like a part from a furnace 'out-take'. I don't know why you'd have plastic tubing for a furnace, but that was his guess.

Lowes Commercial desk tried to figure out the name of the part and they had no idea what it was or what it could have been used for.

The best answer was given from the Jamacian guy in Plumbing.
"I don't know what dat part is. My parts don't look like dat and my parts don't do dat!!"

Some help would be great sorting this out, thanks!

Last edited:
Re: Need help IDing a part, please

Why are you holding that high-rise construction urinal upside down?
It does look like some sort of adjustable urinal, especially if you turn the photo upside down.

My guess is it's some sort of debris hopper that goes on top of a chute on construction sites, but it seems small and I could not find any hoppers like that on Google.

My guess is it's some sort of debris hopper that goes on top of a chute on construction sites, but it seems small and I could not find any hoppers like that on Google.

Yeah, I googled the heck out of anything I could think of calling it... :(

I'm going to post a bounty on this item. $50.00 via paypal to anyone who can ID it and give me a source to buy them...

Awwwe maaan! I miss out again. I used that exact piece for a gun mantlet on a Hetzer tank that went to "Big Wars" (HUGE WW II Paintball war, as in thousands of players...per side!). Here's what they looked like....you'll see why i used that piece :lol
paintballhetzer.jpg

Soooo...whatch'ya doing?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back