Need help identifying new Proton pack switch

tripoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just posting to see if anyone knows the type / manufacturer of the Ghostbusters Afterlife toggle switch posted below. Thanks!

Attachments

• switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 201
I don't think anyone has made a solid id on the switch yet, I remember reading somewhere that the switch was fabricated specifically for the film.
106savagecavephoebepack.jpg

To me it looks too ordinary and oddly specific to be custom made. It's gotta be some breaker switch or something from a piece of equipment that somebody had laying around. I would think the bump on the side would be either for surface area if someone was wearing gloves or so that a switch next to it would get tripped.

https://img.directindustry.com/images_di/photo-mg/13747-13713463.webp

https://www.westfloridacomponents.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/229-2-0-SW-2-8-50.jpg

Consider also that it may have originally been a T shaped switch and they ground off one side.

Last edited:
if you watch Adam Savage build his own proton pack video... he has help building his pack from people from the new production, but still fabricates his own switch. I would imagine they would have the answer as to what switch and where to acquire it. Id bet its fabricated

It did seem like he modified something for his switch. There are a few shots of it...

Kind of looks like some of the switches I ran across that have a rounded end and a hole through it, like you might have for a breaker so you can lock it out.

Still seems weird that they would specifically add a bump, rather than it being a feature of an existing switch, but maybe that's the genius of it.

Ben Eadie, props guy on GB:A has a Tiktok. On that Tiktok he mentions this very switch in this very video.

gb switch.png

The writing at the top looks like HEINEMMAN ELECTRICAL to me, which does indeed manufacture breaker switches. There is no visible part number in that switch but there are some very specific specs noted. That said, I don't think the specs matter since the breaker isn't used as a circuit breaker on the pack.

I think you could use any Heinemann circuit breaker that looks right and turn it into a switch. This one, just as an example:

10M5225-40.jpg

I'm not sure what Ben means about the light switch he mentions in the video. I'm not certain if he's saying a light switch was cut down to look like the breaker switch, or if he means that the light switch was positioned under the breaker.

Ben Eadie, props guy on GB:A has a Tiktok. On that Tiktok he mentions this very switch in this very video.

View attachment 1533373

The writing at the top looks like HEINEMMAN ELECTRICAL to me, which does indeed manufacture breaker switches. There is no visible part number in that switch but there are some very specific specs noted. That said, I don't think the specs matter since the breaker isn't used as a circuit breaker on the pack.

I think you could use any Heinemann circuit breaker that looks right and turn it into a switch. This one, just as an example:

View attachment 1533375

I'm not sure what Ben means about the light switch he mentions in the video. I'm not certain if he's saying a light switch was cut down to look like the breaker switch, or if he means that the light switch was positioned under the breaker.
Yup! They used a simple 15amp light switch and added a bit on the end to look more like that circuit breaker switch

D1FB86F8-3102-40D0-94FA-EC0EA1F30594.jpeg

It was cut down and modified a lot to fit inside the ion arm, and it actually worked as a on off switch for the packs.

This was a last minute thing and something they did very last minute because the original switch was put in the wrong location

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back