Need help identifying new Proton pack switch

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

tripoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just posting to see if anyone knows the type / manufacturer of the Ghostbusters Afterlife toggle switch posted below. Thanks!

Attachments

• switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 58

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Ned Figglehorn

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I don't think anyone has made a solid id on the switch yet, I remember reading somewhere that the switch was fabricated specifically for the film.
106savagecavephoebepack.jpg

Rogviler

To me it looks too ordinary and oddly specific to be custom made. It's gotta be some breaker switch or something from a piece of equipment that somebody had laying around. I would think the bump on the side would be either for surface area if someone was wearing gloves or so that a switch next to it would get tripped.

https://img.directindustry.com/images_di/photo-mg/13747-13713463.webp

https://www.westfloridacomponents.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/229-2-0-SW-2-8-50.jpg

Consider also that it may have originally been a T shaped switch and they ground off one side.

Last edited:

bondoking

Sr Member
if you watch Adam Savage build his own proton pack video... he has help building his pack from people from the new production, but still fabricates his own switch. I would imagine they would have the answer as to what switch and where to acquire it. Id bet its fabricated

Rogviler

It did seem like he modified something for his switch. There are a few shots of it...

Kind of looks like some of the switches I ran across that have a rounded end and a hole through it, like you might have for a breaker so you can lock it out.

Still seems weird that they would specifically add a bump, rather than it being a feature of an existing switch, but maybe that's the genius of it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.