Need help identifying a couple parts...

Blue Leader

Sr Member
Greetings

I've been working on a B-wing pilot costume (from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi), and while I've been making progress, one part of the outfit has eluded me. The "belt box" (for lack of a better name). It's a black rectangular box that is attached to the white belt. Most references of B-wing and A-wing pilots show this box, though for one reason or another most of the pilots in the movie didn't have them.

Anyway, while searching around the 'net I happened to stumble upon a picture of a "Rebel Fleet Controller", and upon closer inspection I noticed the "belt box" in the picture. It seems to be almost exactly the same as what B-wing and A-wing pilots have been shown with in references, just without the wires.
Thankfully the box looks rather simple, but I'm having some problems identifying what the parts used to mark it are, or even something that looks similar. So I was wondering if someone here may be able to help identify them, or at least give an idea on something that might look similar, because I have yet to be able to think of anything that's even close.

The box itself is definitely some sort of hard black plastic case. I don't know if it's a storage box, a power box, or something else. On the top there's a thin black rectangle that's just slightly smaller than the width of the rest of the box.
On the front of the box there is some sort of computer connector glued on. I don't know what kind of connector it is but I imagine that I can probably find something similar without much problem. It may not be exact, but I can probably find something close enough, even if I have to paint it.
The thing that eludes me the most is the box itself. I just can't think of anything that I could use for it without just building it from scratch, which I'd rather like I'd rather like to avoid and am leaving that as my last solution.

Does anyone happen to have any ideas as to what these parts may be, or something that might look similar?
Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you!

P.S. In case it's not clear what I'm talking about by "belt box", I'm referring to the black rectangular object on her belt with the two wires coming out of it.
RebelFleetController.jpg

beltboxExample1.jpg

Back