Need Help finishing my Jayne Cobb

pinWOW! that looks amazing. Weather you do them in metal, rubber, or resin, I jus konw you could find some folks around here, that would wont them. I know, I would love to get one. But yeah, a rubber one, would be AWESOME! i WOULD LOVE TO GET ONE OF THOSE! (pending price of course)

Thanks! I'm for sure making myself a con version, but Does anyone happen to recognize the machined parts? Since I used a conversion kit I scored in the Junkyard, I would definitely need permission to sell any copies.

Good point, I'm not sure who's that kit is. If it were all resin, I would have said Wilco, but I Don't know anything about the metal kits, or if Wilco ever sold his metal original that he did his castings off of.

Thanks! I'm for sure making myself a con version, but Does anyone happen to recognize the machined parts? Since I used a conversion kit I scored in the Junkyard, I would definitely need permission to sell any copies.

I would have to go with it being a Sidewinder.
Mine is and looks a lot like that.

Wow, I didn't realize this thread was developing, recently.
This is my problem with the RPF;
if you don't check in twice an hour and go back 3 pages,
ya' tend to miss stuff.
I wish Firefly/Serenity builders would mirror their posts on
fireflyprops.net • Index page
which is Firefly/Serenity specific and therefore easier to follow.

But to the Jayne pistol work,
FANTASTIC!
I think it is cool that you could sculpt your own triggerguard.
I waited for M-O-N-T-H-S to get mine, and that was from two sources.
I'm also very impressed with the rubber stunt molding.

Especially lately, as I see many folks selling off their Firefly items,
it's nice to see another quality build underway.

Wishing you continued success,
Mike

Cris, Can I ask where you manged to find the 'talking head' shirt shown in the dragon con pics? I have my Jayne hat and want to keep the costume correct to The Message by using that shirt with it. I've been looking on here, cafepress, think geek, and just about any tee shirt/sci fi friendly site I can think of and have not been able to find it.

If its just an iron on transfer, do you know where I may be able to pick one up to apply to the right shirt when I find it?

Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated.

-Joe

I made it on Cafe Press. They have a feature where you can send in the design and then make a custom shirt. I considered setting up a store so other people could order one, but I wanted to make sure it came out good first. Maybe I'll try that this weekend.

I know your Jayne is probably all done, but I wanted to share this. For my birthday, my fiancee had my sister-in-law (whom I didn't know made things like this) make me Jayne's hat (the one from his mommy).

It's juuuust slightly too small, but I still love it - would make an awesome addition to any Jayne costume IMHO.

I made it on Cafe Press. They have a feature where you can send in the design and then make a custom shirt. I considered setting up a store so other people could order one, but I wanted to make sure it came out good first. Maybe I'll try that this weekend.

I can't seem to figure out how you make a store with the american apparal shirts, but it might be possible to use this link. This is the shirt I created for myself

American Apparel Men's Long Sleeve T-Shirt (Dark) : Review Your Custom Product

I've been looking around at various duty belts to try to find a decent stand in for Jayne's. I think I found one that looks good and covers all the unique features of the Firefly belt. Boston Leather Riverside belt (model 6570). This page shows it with a nickel finish buckle, but they are also available with a brass buckle. If you click on the belt image you will get an enlargement where you can better see the detail. What do you folks think?

Boston Leather Riverside Duty Belt model 6570

cool - so did they actually place it higher on the shirt than the one they made me? I thought it came a little lower than I set it on the website. But I did not have time to make them re-do it.

5994920441_b4524eff2f_b.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back