Need Help finishing my Jayne Cobb

The boots Adam wore for the pilot Serenity were Altma Jungle boots. There are two kinds you can get. $39.99 and $99.99. The difference is that the $99. boots are Made in The USA. The $39. boots were formerly $89. but are on sale because they are being discontinued. That being said, most of the standard sizes are sold out. All sizes between 7.5 and 11.5 are gone.
Here is the link to the $39. boots
Altama Olive Drab Jungle Vulcanized Boot : 8852 | Altama.com

And here is the link to the $99. boots
Altama Olive Drab Jungle Vulcanized Boot - Domestic : 8853 | Altama.com

I bought a pair of the $99. boots size 9.5 as that is my sneaker size. Wore them only once to the Detroit Fanfare Con with my Jayne costume (Adam Baldwin was a celebrity guest) and by the end of the day my feet were killing me. The boots are too small. I am going to buy a larger size. I love the boots themselves and their quality. When searching online for jungle boots, I saw several inexpensive ones for sale on Amazon, but after reading the reviews, I came to realize they were cheap in more ways than one. The Altma boots may be a little expensive, but they are the same boots that the US armed forces wore into battle in Vietnam. Altma has been the primary provider of boots Military-spec for the US Department of Defense, so you get what you pay for and these boots should last for a very long time (note these are a civilian version of the military boots).
One thing to note though, I mentioned that Adam wore the jungle boots in Serenity, the Firefly pilot. After that he switched to another boot because he hated the boots from the pilot. Now whether he wore the Altma brand and hated them and switched to another jungle boot, or he hated the jungle boot itself and switched to a whole different style, I'm not certain. A friend of mine was also at the Detroit Fanfare and mentioned the boots to Adam and he told him about wearing the boots just for the pilot. I'll have to ask him if it was the brand or the style.

A friend of mine was also at the Detroit Fanfare and mentioned the boots to Adam and he told him about wearing the boots just for the pilot. I'll have to ask him if it was the brand or the style.

that was me.
He did say he only wore those for the pilot and then got a different kind of boot once the show got picked up. He said they really hurt his feet.
I was caught off guard and a little star struck :rolleyes I didnt think to ask what the new pair were.:facepalm

I am going to see if I can find some pictures of the new ones(non pilot episode) and see if it was a completely different kind of boot or just a different pair.

I found this
boots.jpg

its the best I've found so far.. not a very good piture, hard to see, but looks completely different to me.

this shot is from Jaynestown, right when they get off serenity.

Last edited:
We just got a hold of Adam by tweeter..
he said they were "North face"
heres the quote
"@MelMilam Went from standard issue Army jungle combat boots to North Face (comfy) ... just switched the uppers..."
I thinking these are them here
gh.jpg

they look more of a brown than the green, but maybe is the lighting.. its the only pair I can find right now.. the design looks perfect to me. I am not sure on the color.. lighting changes so much

The North Face Trek Lite GoreTex Boot Mens sz 9 (42 EU) WaterProof Hiking Shoes (648335671993) | eBay

Last edited:
well in my search I can not find the tan ones for sale anywhere.. the few places I did find it, they were discontinued.

I wonder if we can somehow dye or paint the dark green ones...I found a bunch of those on ebay
might not even have to.. the green ones similar enough.. at least to be..

heres a link to the discussion on The 'Verse boards..
http://theverse.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=jayne&thread=13&page=1

Last edited:
Turns out that the boots Adam switched to were the green Northface. We got another answer from Adam's twitter when we sent him an eBay link with a picture of the green boots. He said that those were exactly the right ones. I have both pair now. The Altma jungle boots and the Northface.
jayneboots.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back