Need help deciding on commissioning item

Wes R

Legendary Member
My Bayonetta gun project isn't going well and while i may be able to get a pair off auction cheap they're not really game accurate. i was wondering what a good price is for a commission gun and how willing some makers are to let me make molds of it to reproduce. I'm assuming since i'm paying for the item they wouldn't mind but you never know. Also anyone know someone fast and affordable who takes commissions? I do have reff pics. The gun is a breach load but i'm not sure if i want the replica to do that as the latch mechanism could be a really pain.

Last edited:
how willing some makers are to let me make molds of it to reproduce.

Good luck getting anyone to sign off on something like this. Even if it is for personal use, to someone who doesn't know you personally, it will just seem like recasting their work.

Tough sell.

I think it happens all the time, people comissioning sculptors or prop builders to make something with the understanding that they can mold and sell it. It's neither quick nor cheap though.

I figure it would cost a more to get their permission. I bought a sculpted head for an action figure that was a commission and he gave me permission to make casts of it and i think that was worked into the price.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back