Need Costume Help!

ManOfSteals

Hey Guys,

I stumbled across this great replica costume forum and need some help on a last minute project for Halloween. I'm planning on making a Batman Beyond costume and want to use a Lycra material for the entire body (Think black morphsuit or under armor compression clothing). I am having trouble figuring out what is the best way to place the red bat symbol on the chest being that it is a synthetic material and stretchy. Here are a couple of ideas I'm contemplating:

1. Cut out a vinyl sticker sheet and place it on the chest before I go out and hope it sticks for the entire night.
2. Find a material that can iron on to the Lycra and stretch with it and hope that the clothing doesn't melt during this process.
3. Sew on a cut out piece of Lycra or other material on to the clothing and hope that it doesn't look too bad.

If there is a better solution than Lycra that gives the same fitted look let me know. Any advice is appreciated.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back