Neckties!

Just finished our Kingsman Tie:

extra-image-1633.jpg

Kingsman Tie by Magnoli Clothiers

So can anyone who owns the french blue version of the Shakespeare tie tell me, does it tint brownish under certain lighting or read more neutrally brown when worn with a tennant suit like the actual tie did, or is it always an off blue color in all lighting?
It looks so much like the actual Armani's in neutral lighting that I feel like if it tints brown at all, I'd rather give that tie a shot than the solid brown weave. (Though eventually I'd probably own both)

I'd like to hear another opinion as well (color is very subjective), but it's definitely got more of a blue/grey vibe than the original Armani. I've worn this tie with a brown suit and it looks great, but it doesn't give it any more of a brown look than with any other suit. In other words... if you're after screen accuracy, the solid brown is the safer bet. As an alternative tie (that still looks great with the Tennant Suit) the French Blue version is great.

I think it's only natural that both versions of the "Shakespeare" tie work well as there is both brown and blue in each, of the French blue, I have yet to purchase it, and have only just a few days ago purchased the brown one. I've absolutely no idea how the original Armani tie managed to be woven in such a way that it could change colors, but both versions are spot on to the original one in my eyes, or at least 95%.

And congratulations to "Doctor What" for winning the Twitter contest. Of which one of the potential prizes was the Kenzo or "Manhattan" tie, which will hopefully become available in a months time.

It'd be interesting to see the oft forgotten third Blade Runner tie - those over at Prop Summit seem to believe that the combination pictured is what Deckard wears at the beginning of the film. I've seen Magnoli's other BR ties and they're beautiful (I'd like to own both the checked and the VK tie, one day!) so this would be a lovely way to make a complete set.

Deck's Other Tie.jpganewbladerunner1247_zpsb01eb3ed.jpg
(Photo found on Prop Summit)

Unfortunately there aren't many good shots of the tie, I seem to recall there were few more half decent caps floating around, but I can't seem to find them at the moment.

RG

I second the third Deckard tie it would be nice to have the complete set especially if it was an actual knit tie like it supposedly is in the movie and photos of it (not that i have anything against silk ties).

Just purchased a pair of Kingsman Ties and a pair of tortoiseshell Kingsman Glasses! Thank you for producing these great Kingsman products, Indy!!!

I figure he's working on it, but he hasn't released the tennant or blue drive henleys like he said he would on twitter, so maybe there's been some sort of delay?

I'll take it as good news! Excellent to hear, I'm excited to finally have what's always been my favourite of all the Doctor's costume pieces. Glad to hear it'll be done just right :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back